FM Radio

GaryJani

Reaction score
They keep advertising that the Droid X has an FM radio - but I'll be damned if I can find it on my phone. Is it an app that I must download? If so, what is it? I want to listen to live local FM stations. Instructions for a novice would be appreciated.

bigkhan

Reaction score
There are several applications that will let you listen to the radio. The one I use is "I heart radio" but if you look on the market you will find many more. By the way there free.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
G

GaryJani

Reaction score
Couldn't find I heart radio in market - all I can find are streaming recorded - I want to listen to live stations.

Technoman

Reaction score
They keep advertising that the Droid X has an FM radio - but I'll be damned if I can find it on my phone. Is it an app that I must download? If so, what is it? I want to listen to live local FM stations. Instructions for a novice would be appreciated.

Yes, the Droid X has an FM receiver and came with the necessary APP. All you have to do is look in the F area in your APP launcher drawer.

You must have a wired headset plugged in (uses it as an antenna) to be able to get the APP to launch when pressed.

OP
G

GaryJani

Reaction score
Purchased X 2nd hand when it was 2 months old (everyone's going to Iphone) - he apparently removed the apps he didn't use - FM must have been one he removed.

Technoman

Reaction score
I think there are people around this forum that know links to the OTA sbf file. That would get you back to stock setup.

Technoman

Reaction score
IheartRadio is a clear channel system. It does not really have much to offer compared to the over 40000 stations in Tunein Radio. If you want LOCAL stations, Tunein is the best way to get them.

bigkhan

Reaction score
As I said there's ALOT of them out there. I heart is just the one I use. Look around and you'll find something that suits your needs.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm partial to RadioTime for live radio.

OP
G

GaryJani

Reaction score
I think there are people around this forum that know links to the OTA sbf file. That would get you back to stock setup.

I'd really appreciate it if someone would post the instructions on how to complete what is described above to get back to stock setup - I feel I'm missing a lot since so much was deleted before I got the phone.

lxadoz104

Reaction score
I would suggest you simply reflash the 340 SBF and this will put your X back in stock condition. Otherwise, you could always take to Verizon and see of they can return to stock OS.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
G

GaryJani

Reaction score
I would suggest you simply reflash the 340 SBF and this will put your X back in stock condition. Otherwise, you could always take to Verizon and see of they can return to stock OS.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Okay - like I mentioned earlier - I'm a novice, no idea how to "reflash" anything, much less the 340 SBF. So instructions on that would be appreciated. Also, if I reflash or reset to stock condition, will I lose the apps I've already downloaded myself? How do I avoid that, or can I? Thank you so much for everyone's advice, it's amazing how fast I've gotten quality replies.