FM radio not working after ICS

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have had used the FM radio apk on my non rooted Bionic for over the air FM since I have had it. I tried redownloading it after ICS and FDR and it will not install. I have non market apps checked. I have tried downloading from xda and Droid Life, etc

Any help?

BEFORE YOU START... I have iHeart, TuneIn, plus, plus. I am NOT looking for Internet radio. I am looking for FM radio. I can listen to The LSU radio networks stations on internet TuneIn, but they do not allow their LSU game broad cast on the Internet radio feeds for some reason. I need football!

xmguy

Reaction score
I use Spirit FM. Its a REAL FM radio. I have a Bionic (for that reason alone, bit of a FM radio guy). But I can assure you ICS and FM still work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I use Spirit FM. Its a REAL FM radio. I have a Bionic (for that reason alone, bit of a FM radio guy). But I can assure you ICS and FM still work.

Your sig says you are rooted. I am not. I think Spirit only works for rooted phones. I could never get it to work when I was on GB

leonard

Reaction score
I had the same issue after the ics upgrade. ICS deleted the app and it wouldn't reinstall.

I found the FM radio app from Sutton Shin works on my Bionic.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score

Decided to try Spirit FM again. Looking at the video on the developers Play Store site, the paid light version has enough bells and whistles for me. Bought it, works GREAT! Thanks for the reminder

leonard

Reaction score
I wanted RDS. I don't think the light version supports RDS.

xmguy

Reaction score
leonard said:
I wanted RDS. I don't think the light version supports RDS.

I'm not sure. Think its the full version that has RDS.

xmguy

Reaction score
FunN4Lo said:
Decided to try Spirit FM again. Looking at the video on the developers Play Store site, the paid light version has enough bells and whistles for me. Bought it, works GREAT! Thanks for the reminder

No problem.

jrsidlo

Reaction score
I downloaded the fm radio apk long ago, and it still works fine with my bionic ics.

Tums

Reaction score
I had the same issue after the ics upgrade. ICS deleted the app and it wouldn't reinstall.

I found the FM radio app from Sutton Shin works on my Bionic.

That's the same one I use as well. Used it on GB and still works fine on ICS. I believe I heard about it on this site on a previous thread about FM Radio's and it's def worth it if you want real FM radio!