D2 FM Radio?

Droid998

Reaction score
Just upgraded from a D1 a D2 and saw a Verizon vid that mentions it has FM radio capabilities. I don't see any FM app that comes with the phone. Is the D2 a FM tuner? Can I listen to my local FM stations from over the air? Do I need a app? I need a explanation how this works. Thanks much.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just upgraded from a D1 a D2 and saw a Verizon vid that mentions it has FM radio capabilities. I don't see any FM app that comes with the phone. Is the D2 a FM tuner? Can I listen to my local FM stations from over the air? Do I need a app? I need a explanation how this works. Thanks much.

I don't know what Verizon commercial you saw that on. I saw 3 D2 commercials today and none of them mentioned that.

I actually looked in the Market for an app and while there are to certain stations I don't see it as an fm tuner.

Anyway does anybody really listen to FM anymore?

Cloppy

Reaction score
The droid x does but the droid 2 does not. I asked a phone rep myeself. they just suggest to use iheartradio or pandora

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
I do plus Sirius and Pandora just wondering if the D2 is capable. I was told a wired headset has to be used and is actually the FM antenna.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The droid x does but the droid 2 does not. I asked a phone rep myeself. they just suggest to use iheartradio or pandora

Really there is so much better stuff then FM out there. If I actually was to use it for playing music, and I hope my next car I have Bluetooth then I'd listen to anything but FM

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score

Thanks for your answer. That sums it up. Cheers

n4dog

Reaction score
The only reason why I would like FM is b/c I go to a lot of baseball games. I could just use my phone to listen to the games and not have to bring a radio with me.

CheathamHill

Reaction score
The only reason why I would like FM is b/c I go to a lot of baseball games. I could just use my phone to listen to the games and not have to bring a radio with me.

Install the A Online Radio app...it's brilliant...I guarantee you'll find whatever game or genre or anything you're looking for..best hidden gem on the app market imo

n4dog

Reaction score

Install the A Online Radio app...it's brilliant...I guarantee you'll find whatever game or genre or anything you're looking for..best hidden gem on the app market imo

Nope none of my station are on there. I am in Tallahassee Fl. We have iHeart for our local stations but it does not work with android 2.2