FM radio for the D2!!!!

slayher

Reaction score
Instuctions to get FM Radio on Droid2

1. Droid2 must be rooted. Remount the /system to RW

2. Unzip the archive, and use abd push to put the files in the appropriate folders.
cd system

a. adb push app/FMRadio.apk /system/app
b. adb push app/FMRadioService.apk /system/app
c. adb push bin/fmradioserver /system/bin
d. adb push lib/libFMRadio.so /system/lib
e. adb push lib/libfmradio_jni.so /system/lib
f. adb push lib/libfmradioplayer.so /system/lib

3. Remount /system to ro
4. Plug in headphones.
5. Run FMradio
6 ???
7. Profit!

For me, I live in a crappy radio area, so I was only able to pick up 2 stations. YMMV.

As always I will not be responsible for any damage, pregnancies, or missing items from your home.

Thanks!

Slayher

LINK Download here.

OP
S

slayher

Reaction score
BTW it only works with headphones. It wont redirect to speaker.

n4dog

Reaction score
I sure wish all of that made sense to me. I have no idea what all of that is. I am really new to the droid. :huh:

Pathian

Reaction score
strange...I remounted the system directory to RW and tried your instructions, but I keep getting permission denied when I try to push the app. Any advice to troubleshoot?

revision

Reaction score
strange...I remounted the system directory to RW and tried your instructions, but I keep getting permission denied when I try to push the app. Any advice to troubleshoot?

You could always try adb pushing to the sdcard and then cp the files over after you mount the sys directory. I had to do that when rooting personally.

ljbaumer

Reaction score
that is so freaking cool it worked perfectly for me!!!

the only problem is that the reception sucks I couldn't get 3/6 of the stations I listen to.

Parasol

Reaction score
I have the DX, but to get good reception, you need a long cable attached to the headphone port.

The phone itself doesn't have an antenna, it uses the copper wiring of the (attached) headphone to receive signal. Then sound signals are sent to your headphone (they work on different frequencies, like your TV signal and cable internet on the same coaxial cable).

You can listen through the speaker if you want, but you need to have something connected to receive signal.

It would be interesting if someone made a mini device with a long coil of wire for this purpose, something that looks like this:

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h...hone+microphone&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Last edited:

dumpyloser

Reaction score
someone please put this in a step by step tutorial of exactly what to do, because I'm confused and i don't want to mess anything up.

dumpyloser

Reaction score
I'd love to have my droid playing the game while I'm at the USC/SMISS game tomorrow night. can someone pleassseee help? lol

Last edited:

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question, but...would this work on the D1?

dumpyloser

Reaction score
no, the fm reciever was not soldered to the headphone jack which provides an antenna, so technically, you could probably do it but get 0 reception. Can anyone please help me with the steps?

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
no, the fm reciever was not soldered to the headphone jack which provides an antenna, so technically, you could probably do it but get 0 reception. Can anyone please help me with the steps?

So what you're saying is....I need to do some soldering :icon_ devil: