Flip to Silent

srs310

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the setting is to turn off the mode that turns the phone to silent when flipping it on its screen during incoming calls? It automatically stays silent when left on its screen and i am missing calls because of it. Thanks for any help!

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
Look for something called polite ringer, that is what the rep called it in the video I watched.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks, I kept meaning to download one of these apps, this thread just prompted me to do it while I had time to. Flip-Silent by zosq labs is what I grabbed. There is an on/off mode to turn it, well, on and off:)

If the Inc has a feature that lets you do this automatically it is new news to me. The moto droid, the phone I have, does not. Which is why I downloaded the app.

A search of the web offered this for the inc: (and a lot of folks can't find a setting)

I found this in the guide (page 43):
Quote:
Muting the ringing sound without rejecting the call
Do one of the following:
* Press the VOLUME DOWN button.
* Place the phone face down on a leveled surface.
If the phone is already facing down, the phone will still ring when there are subsequent incoming calls.

Last edited:

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
Yes, the HTC rep called it "Polite Ringer". It may be under ringer options.

kmo

Reaction score
There's something called "quiet ring on pick up" in phone settings, not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for...menu/settings/sound display, otherwise all the other sound preferences are in there too. When you say "flipping it on" you mean when you swype to unlock?

OP
S

srs310

Reaction score
no when i leave my phone laying down on the screen it apparently automatically goes to silent . My phone can be sitting right beside me on loud and I will pick it up and have missed calls and the phone doesnt even ring.

OP
S

srs310

Reaction score
Thanks, I kept meaning to download one of these apps, this thread just prompted me to do it while I had time to. Flip-Silent by zosq labs is what I grabbed. There is an on/off mode to turn it, well, on and off:)

If the Inc has a feature that lets you do this automatically it is new news to me. The moto droid, the phone I have, does not. Which is why I downloaded the app.

A search of the web offered this for the inc: (and a lot of folks can't find a setting)

I found this in the guide (page 43):
Quote:
Muting the ringing sound without rejecting the call
Do one of the following:
* Press the VOLUME DOWN button.
* Place the phone face down on a leveled surface.
If the phone is already facing down, the phone will still ring when there are subsequent incoming calls.

I read that too but it doesnt do what it says i just didnt know if there was a way to turn that setting off or not