FlatPad 10" Android 2.1 Tablet now available in US for $285

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah, it's not the hardware that's the problem. From a hardware perspective, this Flat Pad will work just fine and the form factor is excellent, but the software simply isn't available (yet).

I've looked at tablet PC's and while they would do the trick with both hardware and software, the prices are a lot more plus the form factor and battery life are less than ideal... however they would support pressure sensitivity... sigh.
I'm gonna risk looking like a total idiot and mention a Fujitsu tablet I saw the other day listed at bensbargains.net (I did chuckle when I saw that it was running Windows XP Tablet 2005). It is a refurb, but $460 is a decent price for the hardware:

Fujitsu LifeBook T1010 Core2Duo P8400 2.26GHz 2GB 120GB DVD±RW 13.3"Touchscreen XP Tablet PC w/Webcam, 6Cell & Bluetooth Fujitsu FPC01138 LifeBook T1010

Yes...I know this is an ANDROID forum! :biggrin:

-Matt

coondogg97

Reaction score
Yeah, it's not the hardware that's the problem. From a hardware perspective, this Flat Pad will work just fine and the form factor is excellent, but the software simply isn't available (yet).

I've looked at tablet PC's and while they would do the trick with both hardware and software, the prices are a lot more plus the form factor and battery life are less than ideal... however they would support pressure sensitivity... sigh.
I'm gonna risk looking like a total idiot and mention a Fujitsu tablet I saw the other day listed at bensbargains.net (I did chuckle when I saw that it was running Windows XP Tablet 2005). It is a refurb, but $460 is a decent price for the hardware:

Fujitsu LifeBook T1010 Core2Duo P8400 2.26GHz 2GB 120GB DVD±RW 13.3"Touchscreen XP Tablet PC w/Webcam, 6Cell & Bluetooth Fujitsu FPC01138 LifeBook T1010

Yes...I know this is an ANDROID forum! :biggrin:

-Matt

Asus has a very affordable netbook tablet that is still dropping in price. Here is a refurb listed at $342.00

Asus T91SA-VU1X-BK ASUS Eee PC T91 - Atom Z520 - RAM 1 GB - HDD 16 GB SSD - WLAN : 802.11b/g/n (draft), Bluetooth 2.1 - Win XP - 8.9" Widescreen TFT 1024 x 600 ( WSVGA ) - camera - black

JoePhoto

Reaction score
Many thanks for the suggestions and links. I know the Fujitsu interface uses a Wacom interface which is ideal. I'll look into them more.

Plus I don't have to give Apple a dime! dancedroid

fishstick600

Reaction score
Has anyone played around with one of these tablets yet? Im curious how hard you have to press on the screen otherwise i too will wait for a model without the resistive screen

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mumblemouth1

Reaction score
companies are now releasing an update on the flatpad. its actually running an arm6 processor at 800 mhz. apparently zenithink released false specs on there tablet

mumblemouth1

Reaction score
this is a copy of email i got, i pre ordered it just to try it. its cheap so no big deal

Hi as you may or may not already know from the news circulating on the internet, The Zenithink processor is clocked at 800Mhz and is a ARMv6 CPU. Please understand the original specs that we got from the Zenithink manufacturer is 1GHz processor, although after dissasembling the device as noted on many blogs, news websites and forum, we found out like many others that in reality the processor is a ARMv6 clocked at 800Mhz. Although on the ZT--180 10´çTOUCHING PROJECTS-zenithink website they still claim a 1Ghz processor. To reflect the changes we offer 3 options since you did already preorder from us..
1. Price has been reduce from 249.99 to 219.99 so we can refund you 30$ by the same way you made the payment either it be paypal or credit cards
2.To once the tablet is released we can ship it to you with a memory card of 16GB value of 48$
3. We can give you a full refund for your order
Please reply to this email and let us know asap we apologize for the inconvenience although as you can not on the manufacturers website, they did put out 1GHz specs and are still claiming it

NeoStar9X

Reaction score
So is this worth actually picking up at all? Has the price been lowered?

Nibbz

Reaction score
where the hell are all these weird random, ipad lookalike android devices coming from?

Sunnyside

Reaction score
Hey Talon8Ya,
I'm curious have you ever looked into the satellite based I-net services? LTE will definitely be the connection you're looking for.

What about a verizon/sprint mifi? I use a mifi for work, it gets pretty decent throughput. You also get 3-4 hours wifi connected 3G on a single battery charge.

pbdroid

Reaction score
No, I saw it and it was a bit out of place, but I don't think it deserved the response that it got. The response indicated to me that it would have been better if he had not posted the correction at all or that his correction wasn't worth anything, which I think is BS.

I more than welcomed the correction. However, first off, the mistake was pointed out by a previous poster, and secondly he wrote this, which offended me greatly. a simple correction would've sufficed:

Heat has nothing to do with capacitivity based TS's.

No offense, but if part of the news team, please check your sources.
i mean, come on, i'm not allowed to make a mistake?

That's what I said, it was a bit out of place what he said, but don't get your shorts all tied in a knot because of it. The quote from his Google search was good, the extra comment was uncalled for, but why allow it to get you so upset.

It's called discussion, and because of the discussion I learned something. Thanks to both of you for contributions. Until I read this thread today, I too, belived capacitative screens responded to heat. Must be a few on the news team with misinformation.

Cha!