ESER A10 Android Tablet: A Budget Tablet for any Budget; Just $51 Bucks

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ESER-51-dollar-tablet.jpg

There is a new Android tablet in town, and it's price is so low, it's practically disposable. The tablet is the ESER A10, and this little 7-incher comes in at a paltry $51! It's specs obviously match its price, yet it's hard to be dismissive when the device is so affordable. Here is a breakdown:
  • 7” 800×480 resistive touchscreen (???)
  • 1.2GHz BoxChip CPU
  • 4GB of internal storage
  • A microSD card slot
  • WiFi
  • HDMI out
  • USB
  • Front-facing camera
  • Android 2.3 Gingerbread
At this point there is no info regarding where and when you can get the device, but that info should be coming soon.

Hmmm... this little guy might make a decent stocking stuffer for the kids. What do you think?

Source: AndroidTablets.net via TalkAndroid

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
cheap tablet .. i would probably let this one go though.it just screams laggy and disappointing for an extra 100.00 you could by a kindle fire ..
wait until nexus tablet is released :icon_ lala:

hondaguy520

Reaction score
I will be purchasing this for my 4 year old brother who loves using my kindle fire for YouTube

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
cheap tablet .. i would probably let this one go though.it just screams laggy and disappointing for an extra 100.00 you could by a kindle fire ..
wait until nexus tablet is released :icon_ lala:

Yeah but I suppose if it has an unlocked bootloader and the kernel source is available, it could be fun - and if you permabrick it, no big deal. Looks almost ridiculous in this day and age, though; being so boxy looking.

EDIT: I was surprised to read the BoxChip is actually Cortex A8 based, so the processor is significantly better than the ones found in a lot of low end tablets. At that price, I figured this thing would be ARMv6 based, if not MIPS based. It seems like this thing could potentially run ICS pretty well.

EDIT2: Apparently, the BoxChip A10 is not only Cortex A8 based, it also contains a Mali 400 GPU; so it's no slouch. This thing might make a nice little gaming tablet if the OS is solid.

In summary, what we have here is a SIGNIFICANTLY better tablet than the ones we saw around Christmastime at CVS and Rite-Aid pharmacies, but at half the cost.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Further reading around the web shows this chipset being able to run Shadowfinger and Dead Space very, very smoothly at 1024x768. The biggest drawback to this device is going to be the resistive screen, I believe.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/31293-allwinnerboxchip-a10-vs-rk2918-what-you-should-buy/

jerkwad

Reaction score
^ i'm going to need two more "EDITS" before I consider buying this ;-) haha

Seriously, however, it seems like a perfect "give it to your kids to play with" device! Parents probably see the value in $51.00 of silence on road-trips, etc. lol

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^ yeah, I just kept reading more about the device and chipset; and by the time I was done it wowed me at the price. At the very least, this could be the e-reader that replaces the stack of magazines in the "reading room"