Flashing themes on bugless beast 0.4 do they even exist?

Reaction score
I really like the black theme on cyanogens roms and was wondering if there were any for bb4 cause I couldn't find any... if there are any is it as easy as flashing a theme for cyanogen?

2nd I think I found some bugs on bugless beast.
1- tapa talk widget does not show up when I try to add it to the home screen, a message just pops up and says no updates.
2- when I get text messages I sometimes hear 2 notification sounds. One of the notification I have set up, and the other the classic drrrrroooooid sound that is not activated. They play at the same time or one after the other.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

erikfig

Reaction score
I really like the black theme on cyanogens roms and was wondering if there were any for bb4 cause I couldn't find any... if there are any is it as easy as flashing a theme for cyanogen?

2nd I think I found some bugs on bugless beast.
1- tapa talk widget does not show up when I try to add it to the home screen, a message just pops up and says no updates.
2- when I get text messages I sometimes hear 2 notification sounds. One of the notification I have set up, and the other the classic drrrrroooooid sound that is not activated. They play at the same time or one after the other.

Did you wipe data and cach? I've been using v0.4 since day one with no issues! As far as the notification ringtone, you can change it back to the way it was before.

OP
K
Reaction score
Yep. Wiped both. Kinda confused im gonna trouble shoot now. So are there themes?

streetrod

Reaction score
928droid has what a nice theme, add adw laucher and roberj alternate dark theme and there you go.

OP
K
Reaction score
Fixed the double sms notification sounds by uninstalling handcent then re-installing it, I think since it was a re-installed back up version it was confused and set up for 2.1.

As far as themes go, I do not understand your post. Is 9288 theme for Bugless beast or is it a different rom. And I dont like ADW launcher or Launcher Pro, Froyo launcher has everything I wanted, and the launcher doesnt change the notification tab to black and the battery status bar to black, which is what i want. If theres another nice stable rom like one of the Jrummy roms that has a black status bar, and doesn't require me to wipe data I might try that

pigpen

Reaction score
I prefer the more classic look of smoked glass on bbv0.4 then 928's colorful icon black theme, it can be found here ;

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/55650-smoked-glass-bb-0-4-a.html

read the thread and install. If you want to go with the 928 theme, there is a link for each different rom, and you need to go to the bugless beast ONLY link to install on bugless beast. You're only asking for trouble if you just pick any rom theme and install over another rom that it wasn't intended for.

As far as double notifications go, you need to disable the notification sound in the stock mms app and set it up in handscent. Once you turn it off in the stock app, you will only get the one active sound.

OP
K
Reaction score
I prefer the more classic look of smoked glass on bbv0.4 then 928's colorful icon black theme, it can be found here ;

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/55650-smoked-glass-bb-0-4-a.html

read the thread and install. If you want to go with the 928 theme, there is a link for each different rom, and you need to go to the bugless beast ONLY link to install on bugless beast. You're only asking for trouble if you just pick any rom theme and install over another rom that it wasn't intended for.

As far as double notifications go, you need to disable the notification sound in the stock mms app and set it up in handscent. Once you turn it off in the stock app, you will only get the one active sound.

Thank you, Ill check that one out.

I ended up installing the indigo-glass theme and Im kinda dissapointed. The new font makes some text in apps go off the screen and hard to read in some cases. I had alot of bugs after install, apps didnt show up in home screen, and multiple icons layered over eachother on my desktop.... After a while the apps showed up in the homescreen thankfully because I was gonna do a wipe but the layered icons stayed, just had to trash the extra ones. And Is it just me or is my phone running and loading things alot slower? It sure feels like it is.... Also Why is the new Black glass theme soo large (40mb) and the indigo theme is only 17 mb??

If I want to lose the new theme and go back to stock bb4 can I just load my last rom before I installed the theme? And should I wipe data and cache before I load the old rom? And If I load the old backed up Rom after Wiping will I have all my apps or will I have to use titanium backup to restore them?

Ps. After this Indigo glass theme I installed It somehow broke my recovery. I cannot boot into recovery and when I flash clockwork on again, it never flashes correctly and still wont let me boot... So basically I cannot get my backed up rom installed at all, I really want to go back to the way things were before this indigo theme...

Last edited:

pigpen

Reaction score
Yeah if you decide you dont like the theme, just reinstall the old backed up BB.

When you try to boot into recovery to reinstall the backed up BB rom are you using rommanager, or rebooting and holding down x. If you are using rom manager, try flashing SPrecovery , and then reflashing clockworkmod recovery over it. Since you are now having issues reverting to the old BB, i would suggest the wiping data and cache. Youre apps should come back from the market, and whatever you have in titanium, but i dont use titanium. I usually just redownload what doesn't make it back it. Its really not that big a deal, and at least you'll have your stable BB back on your phone. You'll get your contacts and emails back from google. BB smoked glass is nice, but its not new. what are you referring to sizewise, the Smoked Glass, or the 928 black glass? If you decide you like the smoked glass, there is also a separate smoked glass facebook widget that you can install. That pretty much rounds out the theme. Good luck.

OP
K
Reaction score
Yeah if you decide you dont like the theme, just reinstall the old backed up BB.

When you try to boot into recovery to reinstall the backed up BB rom are you using rommanager, or rebooting and holding down x. If you are using rom manager, try flashing SPrecovery , and then reflashing clockworkmod recovery over it. Since you are now having issues reverting to the old BB, i would suggest the wiping data and cache. Youre apps should come back from the market, and whatever you have in titanium, but i dont use titanium. I usually just redownload what doesn't make it back it. Its really not that big a deal, and at least you'll have your stable BB back on your phone. You'll get your contacts and emails back from google. BB smoked glass is nice, but its not new. what are you referring to sizewise, the Smoked Glass, or the 928 black glass? If you decide you like the smoked glass, there is also a separate smoked glass facebook widget that you can install. That pretty much rounds out the theme. Good luck.

I was reffering to the New black glass theme. Its huge 40mb and the smoked glass is only 14mb or something... The reason i ask, is I only have 30mb of memory on my phones built in memory right now, So by doing an install of a theme thats 40mb wont that be too much? Or is it replacing all the files its changing>?

Im re-installing my old rom, but Im not wiping data and cache incase it works. If it doesnt work can I wipe after the fact?

pigpen

Reaction score
If it doesn't work, which it should anyway, you can wipe when you try and reinstall it the 3rd time, cause you'll have to do it over again. Just flash sprecovery and reflash clockworkmod recovery, and then go into manage and restore backups, click your back up of BB and click restore. IF all this doesn't work, reboot the phone manually into recovery mode, and use nandroid > advanced restore. And restore all, boot, system, data, cache, when your all done with that, go back to the main menu and reboot the phone. It should bring right back to your stock BB install.

OP
K
Reaction score
If it doesn't work, which it should anyway, you can wipe when you try and reinstall it the 3rd time, cause you'll have to do it over again. Just flash sprecovery and reflash clockworkmod recovery, and then go into manage and restore backups, click your back up of BB and click restore. IF all this doesn't work, reboot the phone manually into recovery mode, and use nandroid > advanced restore. And restore all, boot, system, data, cache, when your all done with that, go back to the main menu and reboot the phone. It should bring right back to your stock BB install.

It worked. I have my old BB back. Im thinking I may stay away from the themes if they are all this much trouble... But have you experiences any problems with the black glass or the smoked glass theme you suggested? I might consider doing one of those because they seem to be more stable... And will that extra amount of data in the 40mb black glass theme fit if I only have 30mb left of internal storage? Or is that all different?

pigpen

Reaction score
I never looked at the data size of the rom themes and i've never had a problem with the theme installing, so i dont know. I do prefer the smoked glass over 928's black glass, but thats just me. Try them both, at least you now know you backup is funtional. Dont install one theme over the other though. Go to each theme from the stock BB. Save yourself some headache. and if you like the smoked glass, there is a separate facebook widget themed for the smoked glass, but your gonna have to search the BB forum for it. Cant find the page right now and i'm exhausted and heading for bed. Glad you got it worked out.

OP
K
Reaction score
I never looked at the data size of the rom themes and i've never had a problem with the theme installing, so i dont know. I do prefer the smoked glass over 928's black glass, but thats just me. Try them both, at least you now know you backup is funtional. Dont install one theme over the other though. Go to each theme from the stock BB. Save yourself some headache. and if you like the smoked glass, there is a separate facebook widget themed for the smoked glass, but your gonna have to search the BB forum for it. Cant find the page right now and i'm exhausted and heading for bed. Glad you got it worked out.
Thank you, I really appreciate the help. Ive only been rooted for 3 days so Im very much A noob at this.

pigpen

Reaction score
Well then take it really slow at first. I didnt root mine for 7 months til i was completely comfortable with the process and whats going on. Dont mix themes and OS Roms that aren't made for each other. These guys make the themes for specific roms. And 928 is very talented and makes themes for ALL the Roms. And all the roms definitely are not basically the same thing. Each dev has his own way of doing things. You're asking for trouble if you start mixing. BB is a solid rom , and its been on my phone since mid june, I've tried all the cyan updates, and ss updates, and i just keep going back to BB. Its simple and solid for me.

OP
K
Reaction score
Well then take it really slow at first. I didnt root mine for 7 months til i was completely comfortable with the process and whats going on. Dont mix themes and OS Roms that aren't made for each other. These guys make the themes for specific roms. And 928 is very talented and makes themes for ALL the Roms. And all the roms definitely are not basically the same thing. Each dev has his own way of doing things. You're asking for trouble if you start mixing. BB is a solid rom , and its been on my phone since mid june, I've tried all the cyan updates, and ss updates, and i just keep going back to BB. Its simple and solid for me.

I agree, I tried a few roms already and BB is my fave, its easy understandable and doesn't tweak everything untill its unrecognizable. This black glass theme you pointed me to, Is AMAZING. I love it, its beautiful, and pretty much just what I wanted. Got rid of that ugly vanilla theme. And to top it all off with a cherry on my froyo NO PROBLEMS AFTER INSTALL. All my apps are still there, all my widgets and icons are present and the stock font.. THank god. Its still super fast and I havent seen an issue yet.

Thanks again, very happy now dancedroid