Flashing Red Light on Galaxy S3

chriswen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s3
I have a red flashing light on the left at the top of my Galaxy S3 phone when the screen is asleep (blank), it is not all the time but randomly, the battery is full, so no problem there. I cannot find the answer to this anywhere. I restart the phone and it is then ok for a day or so

moedev

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S3
I actually recently purchased this phone as well and had the same problem. A Google search did nothing to help, except vaguely. Check your notifications. I believe it may occur when you have notifications regarding updates, which is why the light is an urgent, flashing red. I cleared that notification, and my LED indicator is no longer flashing.

I hope that might be the answer to your problem! If it's not, then I don't think I have a clue.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum guys...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Not familiar with the s3 interface, but I would imagine it's similar to my s4. In the settings check the LED settings and there may be a description as to what the colors mean.

OP
C

chriswen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s3
="moedev, post: 2552572, member: 380036"]I actually recently purchased this phone as well and had the same problem. A Google search did nothing to help, except vaguely. Check your notifications. I believe it may occur when you have notifications regarding updates, which is why the light is an urgent, flashing red. I cleared that notification, and my LED indicator is no longer flashing.

I hope that might be the answer to your problem! If it's not, then I don't think I have a clue.[/QUOTE]
Thayou
I actually recently purchased this phone as well and had the same problem. A Google search did nothing to help, except vaguely. Check your notifications. I believe it may occur when you have notifications regarding updates, which is why the light is an urgent, flashing red. I cleared that notification, and my LED indicator is no longer flashing.

I hope that might be the answer to your problem! If it's not, then I don't think I have a clue.

OP
C

chriswen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s3

Thankyou so much, that is exactly what it is notifications of an update. Strange how there are no answers to this problem. Anyway I am glad it is nothing serious. Thankyou

OP
C

chriswen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s3
Not familiar with the s3 interface, but I would imagine it's similar to my s4. In the settings check the LED settings and there may be a description as to what the colors mean.
Done that.....no description as to fast flashing red light. Have sorted now Moedev found the answer ..... notification updates

klitanus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo
I have the galaxy s3 neo and using kitkat. The red LED started blinking for me aswell and it was the "Light up the red LED when the device is charging..." feature that had bugged out after disconnecting the charger.
I only had to restart the device to fix it tho.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have the galaxy s3 neo and using kitkat. The red LED started blinking for me aswell and it was the "Light up the red LED when the device is charging..." feature that had bugged out after disconnecting the charger.
I only had to restart the device to fix it tho.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the information, but this thread is over a year old.