flashing from kaosfroyo to ginerbread

smithj156

Reaction score
is there anything i need to worrie about also how do i got about doing this just reboot and run new rom corect

mamawm

Reaction score
just don't forget to make a nand backup, wipe everything, and flash gapps when you flash the rom.

OP
S

smithj156

Reaction score
K I'm new to all this could someone tell me how to do this please

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
K I'm new to all this could someone tell me how to do this please

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

They should all be options in the recovery menu. Download the gapps zip file and have it in the root of your sdcard along with the ROM.

Boot into recovery mode (hold volume down and power on). Use the menu to do a NAND back-up. Then do a wipe. Wipe the cache as well. Then flash the ROM, the flash gapps.

Jolest

Reaction score
is there anything i need to worrie about also how do i got about doing this just reboot and run new rom corect

Everything in the phone will be erased when you switch.

If you want to save anything, back it up BEFORE YOU START to update!

Even make a backup of the contents of your microSD card before you start.

After you finish the update, when you FIRST go into the Market app and switch to the My Apps view, it will show you a list of the apps you had installed and give you the option of reinstalling them. This only happens the first time you run Market. After the first time, it switches back to only showing what you have installed, so use it or loose it. Don't switch away from the Market app for any reason until you've reinstalled everything you want to reinstall.

After you're finished updating and reinstalling apps, I recommend you also install the Titanium Backup app. It's one of the only apps that will save and recover everything. If you are already rooted (or you can find one of the non-destructive rooting apps) I recommend installing this before your update and use it to back up everything. After you finish the update, you can use this to reinstall everything instead of using Market. BUT, if you change roms (as you implied you're going to do), when using TB to restore your files, don't restore any of the system data files as those tend to change from one version of the OS to another.

Good luck.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
It will be in the same post as the rom. Well it should be. If not, you can find them easily at xda.

Sent from my MIUI Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

smithj156

Reaction score
just flashed this rom and there is no market palce anyone else have this problem please helkp

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
just flashed this rom and there is no market palce anyone else have this problem please helkp

Again, go back to the post where you got the rom. The gapps file will be there. That's what you need to get the market back. What's the URL of the rom?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

smithj156

Reaction score
thanks for all yalls help but i went to my kaosfroyo i like it allot better