Flashed New ROM Stuck on Black Screen with white writing...

B-RAN

Reaction score
Hi there...
First of all I want to let whoever comes to my rescue know that I am fairly competent when it comes to rooting and flashing ROMS. Now onto my problem...
I flashed Maderstock.zip and then flashed Liberty 1.5. I was getting some lags and wanted to try and nice CLEAN install. Well, the screen that then came up is black with white text reading:
Bootloader
Err: A5,69,35,00,27
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

So, will flashing sbf fix this or is my system fried? This happened to my wife's non rooted X a few months ago and they couldnt fix it at the store, said that the system was done and sent her a new one.

I just want to get a/an opinion on whether its worth trying to sbf or if I should just file a claim and get my new X sent out ASAP since the warranty is now voided being rooted.

Thanks for any and ALL help!

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Ok, the reason I told you to pull the battery is because the phone will not charge in that state and if the battery drains to far you will have to either get a charge battery from another source or a charger that will charge the battery out of the phone.

Ok, now on to everything else:

That is the bootloader screen. You access the bootloader when flashing an SBF using RSD lite and an SBF file saved to your computer. If you have RSD lite (at least version 4.8 or higher) and the 2.3.340 SBF file saved to your computer you can plug it into the USB and flash the 2.3.340 SBF to recover your phone. If you dont have the files, let me know and I can PM you the link to mydroidworld.

the question I have is after flashing the Madersotck zip file did you reboot the phone then flash or go straight into flashing liberty without a reboot? I have found it's best to reboot the phone before flashing a new ROM.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1

Ok, the reason I told you to pull the battery is because the phone will not charge in that state and if the battery drains to far you will have to either get a charge battery from another source or a charger that will charge the battery out of the phone.

Ok, now on to everything else:

That is the bootloader screen. You access the bootloader when flashing an SBF using RSD lite and an SBF file saved to your computer. If you have RSD lite (at least version 4.8 or higher) and the 2.3.340 SBF file saved to your computer you can plug it into the USB and flash the 2.3.340 SBF to recover your phone. If you dont have the files, let me know and I can PM you the link to mydroidworld.

the question I have is after flashing the Madersotck zip file did you reboot the phone then flash or go straight into flashing liberty without a reboot? I have found it's best to reboot the phone before flashing a new ROM.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

B-RAN

Reaction score
Did you get it SBFed?

Thanks for the response... I ran SBF last night but continued to get a "header error" any idea what this is?

I use VM with Linux since I am on a mac and used maderstocks instructions from droidxforums. I dont know what else to do. Thoughts??

To answer your questions... no I did not reboot and then reflash the ROM. I know VERY VERY VERY Dumb on my part. After I did it I knew I messed up! Live and learn, right! ;o)

Anyone know if I took it into Verizon if they'd run their sbf for me? Or would they send me out the door when the LIBERTY boot logo poped up?

turdbogls

Reaction score
can you not boot into clockwork then flash the maderstock again? reboot, then flash liberty?
pull battery, plug phone into charge in an "off" state,a large battery icon will pop up, wait a couple minutes, hold the power button down until it starts up, and it SHOULD boot into clockwork. if not, i really dont know what to tell you. you can always try to get verizon to replace it, but that isn't technically ethical by any means.

OP
B

B-RAN

Reaction score
can you not boot into clockwork then flash the maderstock again? reboot, then flash liberty?
pull battery, plug phone into charge in an "off" state,a large battery icon will pop up, wait a couple minutes, hold the power button down until it starts up, and it SHOULD boot into clockwork. if not, i really dont know what to tell you. you can always try to get verizon to replace it, but that isn't technically ethical by any means.

Nope... I've tried every possible way to get back into clockwork, but I can't get passed the bootloader. I did all of the "off" state tricks posted on here with no luck. I've done them all, hold power button, power button and home button, power button and camera button, power button with volume down and camera button. Can't ever get passed the bootloader. When it powers on it shows the LIBERTY boot logo and then goes to bootloader. It will even to go bootloader on the charger with NO battery!
I've got a friend who is an android dev and he is going to play with it tonight. Fingers crossed I really dont wanna have to shed out $90 for an insurance replacement deductible. Thank goodness for insurance though!

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If you took a rooted phone to Verizon and they could tell it was rooted they would most likely send you packin' with a big VOID on your warranty. Now just so you know if they do sbf the phone, the liberty boot logo and boot animation get wiped.

OP
B

B-RAN

Reaction score
If you took a rooted phone to Verizon and they could tell it was rooted they would most likely send you packin' with a big VOID on your warranty. Now just so you know if they do sbf the phone, the liberty boot logo and boot animation get wiped.

Ohh yeah... If it wasnt for the LIBERTY Boot Logo I would have taken it in already. ;o) Ohh well... my friend who does some android developement on the side is gonna mess with it tonight. I know an sbf will do the trick, I just couldnt get my sbf to go through last night. Once that's done... z4root here I come...again!
Thanks to everyone for the input. I'll update tonight when my buddy, hopefully, saves the day.

OP
B

B-RAN

Reaction score
Back in Business Boys! Finally got my hands on a Windows based laptop and flashed the sbf yesterday. All is well! Thanks and have a great weekend!

Reaction score
Back in Business Boys! Finally got my hands on a Windows based laptop and flashed the sbf yesterday. All is well! Thanks and have a great weekend!
Having the exact same issues except with a D2. When I try to sbf it automatically fails. Can you tell me what you did? Running RSD Lite 4.8.