Flash to metro pcs

OP
D

david.16

Reaction score
There are several tutorials to do that.. you need several applications that can flash it for you as well.. i have done it once and it wast the easiest but doable if you can follow instructions. Here is a link
When I finish flashing it do I have to do something with the esn?

vey

Reaction score
If it doesn't work out, take a look at Page Plus Cellular. Prepaid, no flashing, cheaper prices and it uses the Verizon system.

bleetness

Reaction score
If it doesn't work out, take a look at Page Plus Cellular. Prepaid, no flashing, cheaper prices and it uses the Verizon system.
Oh? Does that mean I'll be able to use their 3g?

vey

Reaction score
Oh? Does that mean I'll be able to use their 3g?

Yes. 3G data is a little expensive, but it's on par with Metro PCS prices for the "average" user. No 4G (for folks reading this with new phones). They have monthly plans now. UT and UT and 1GB of data for $55.

Last edited:

vey

Reaction score
So the 3g is not unlimited? I think I'll pass

Having unlimited data offered isn't a good deal if you can't use your phone to take advantage of it.

My needs are much more modest. I am on a plan they call "The Twelve" which is 250 minutes (which in 4 months I have been on the plan I have never used up more than 200 in a month), 250 text messages (likewise) and only 10MB of data (which I would use up quickly if I didn't have Wi-Fi at home).

For my modest needs, $12 a month is fine.

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Won't MetroPCS flash it for you if you take it in to one of the stores?

NO. And I am glad they told the OP so as well. We had the problem of MetroPCS saying they could 'flash' the razr (V3c/m) to Metro for about $40, when all they did was add and activate the ESN to their database, so for the readers, look out. All that did was enable calls and sms, but anything data would not work. So then when the user actually flashed MetroPCS firmware (sorry not this easy for the A855) on their phone, it was another $40!

And to the OP, as stated the process is hard, but doable. I don't know why the link previously posted is gone, maybe it's a DF thing, but I will post the main one I know of:

service programming on the moto droid

I believe you can shortcut through the history and stuff and jump to the last three pages, but sometimes it's best to read more just to get a whole handle on it. And some of it is shortcutted (is that a word?) here:

http://whiterabbit.org/android

good luck

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
My needs are much more modest. I am on a plan they call "The Twelve" which is 250 minutes (which in 4 months I have been on the plan I have never used up more than 200 in a month), 250 text messages (likewise) and only 10MB of data (which I would use up quickly if I didn't have Wi-Fi at home).

For my modest needs, $12 a month is fine.

Be carefull as you would be surprised how fast 10mB of data gets used when not even trying.

vey

Reaction score
Be carefull as you would be surprised how fast 10mB of data gets used when not even trying.

Since I came from their standard plan, I am very careful.

One might be more surprised at how stingy one can be with such a small limit.

IMAP with headers sent only can, for example, use very little data. Even stingier is to have the headers sent by those 250 text messages that I have no use for. Then, if the email is important, turn on the 3G to see what it is.

One can adapt to one's circumstances.

bleetness

Reaction score
NO. And I am glad they told the OP so as well. We had the problem of MetroPCS saying they could 'flash' the razr (V3c/m) to Metro for about $40, when all they did was add and activate the ESN to their database, so for the readers, look out. All that did was enable calls and sms, but anything data would not work. So then when the user actually flashed MetroPCS firmware (sorry not this easy for the A855) on their phone, it was another $40!

And to the OP, as stated the process is hard, but doable. I don't know why the link previously posted is gone, maybe it's a DF thing, but I will post the main one I know of:

service programming on the moto droid

I believe you can shortcut through the history and stuff and jump to the last three pages, but sometimes it's best to read more just to get a whole handle on it. And some of it is shortcutted (is that a word?) here:

android - whiterabbit.org

good luck
I had it flashed, And my data does work. But by data I mean 1x, But I mainly use the maps anyway. Im happy with 1x, I just missed my droid. Although im a bit sad that CM7 took away the standard droid notification, And now all the ones I've found are low quality and sound like crap.