Flash games not working after 2.2 update

kisaoda

Reaction score
So I have a Motorola Droid and just yesterday received the update to 2.2. Ecstatic, I installed it... only to find out that Flash isn't automatically installed with it. Well, I didn't let that deter me and I d/led 10.1 directly from Adobe's site** and sucessfully installed it to the phone. Yay!

My next step was to head directly to Facebook's site, pull up a Flash game, and start playing it. My eyes grew in awe and wonder as the Flash box for the game successfully pulled up and showed the loading screen. And it loaded... and loaded... and loaded. Then, right as it was about to finish loading... stopped.

I blinked a few times, refreshed the page to let it load again. After loading...and loading...and loading, it did it again.

Is this a common occurance to those who have tried this? Is it that the phone isn't powerful enough to play Flash games?

tl;dr -- Can 2.2 play Flash games? y/n

**Edit to add: per response below, I actually did not download straight from the site. Poor memory on my part. Sorry!

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you sure you installed the correct file?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You can get the Flash .apk from Adobe directly? First time I've heard that. I've had to download and install the beta releases from other sources.

Be happy to provide you with one so you can play till the official build hits the market, if you'd like.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not that I've seen... that's why I asked if he installed the right flash APK to begin with...

OP
K

kisaoda

Reaction score
Ah, you know what? I spoke too quickly. Looking back at yesterday's events, I remember now that I didn't download directly from Adobe. It was a .apk file linked from some blog or forum I had run across. Adobe had said that 10.1 would be available for those with 2.2 'very soon'.

Sorry for that mix-up.

That said, could it be that it's a beta release and might that be why it doesn't work for games? That could definitely explain it...

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is the latest Flash APK.... but I get better performance still from 10.1.72.4 Beta...

Adobe_10.1.92.8.apk

OP
K

kisaoda

Reaction score
Nope, once you start the install it'll update automatically. You do have a file browser like Astro installed, yes?

Yes, I do. And thanks for the tip. My faith in Droid's abilities increases each day. ;)

@Mbk -- Thanks for the link. I'll d/l once I get the chance. Very much appreciated. :)

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
This is the latest Flash APK.... but I get better performance still from 10.1.72.4 Beta...

Adobe_10.1.92.8.apk
Thanks for beating me to it. :)

As for performance, that version is official and optimized for the N1, so there may be some slight issues with it. Also, final builds sometimes sacrifice performance for compatibility with the media they're designed to work with, so... Yeah. Hopefully the official version for the Droid will be written to take advantage of our GPU and all will be well. :D