Fix for this? Plug in earbuds = music play on

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you install eliot stocker's music mod at

Pirate Media – Android Application Development

and go in the settings, you can untick the box that says "Unpause on connect" and it should stop

I have the same problem: Go into setting where? in the music player and all the phone? You have to adapt it to the stock music player?

(n00b)

1. take a deep breath
2. you need a modded music player: in terminal, type

su
switchapk music eliotstocker

This will install the modded player. Then go into settings in the music app, you should find the setting described previously.

nygrik

Reaction score
i first noticed this the other day....i had plugged in the aux cable for my car radio and it did the same thing...nice feature but it also causes songs to skip if i move around the wire to much...also happens with headphones while in my pocket...im pretty sure this is more a issue with a sensitive port for the song changing in my case but who knows

Wetzilla

Reaction score
i first noticed this the other day....i had plugged in the aux cable for my car radio and it did the same thing...nice feature but it also causes songs to skip if i move around the wire to much...also happens with headphones while in my pocket...im pretty sure this is more a issue with a sensitive port for the song changing in my case but who knows

Sounds like you have a loose headphone jack. Do you have an original launch droid? I had one with the exact same problem, and verizon replaced it. My replacement was also a launch droid, and has the same problem. But the third one has the perfectly flat keyboard, and the headphone jack is rock solid. Try taking it back to verizon and getting a replacement.

nygrik

Reaction score

Sounds like you have a loose headphone jack. Do you have an original launch droid? I had one with the exact same problem, and verizon replaced it. My replacement was also a launch droid, and has the same problem. But the third one has the perfectly flat keyboard, and the headphone jack is rock solid. Try taking it back to verizon and getting a replacement.

yeah i have a launch one...good call im a little worried they might give me a D2 i read about them doing upgrades even without being asked...i love my droid and even now feel like its superior to everything out there

nygrik

Reaction score
just called verizon and they are sending me a replacement, well see whats up when it gets here they are giving me ten days to decide which one i want to send back (they didnt say that its just how it works out) i can send back either phone free of charge...so right now my current droid can handle everything LV every kernal no problem...if the new one is garbage i guess im stuck with a bad port lol

Droid_3.0

Reaction score

Not to hijack this post but what if you have a rased keyboard what one would mine be?

Wetzilla

Reaction score

Not to hijack this post but what if you have a rased keyboard what one would mine be?

As far as I know it's a launch one, I have a few friends who bought droids a few months after launch and their keyboards are all flat. This is all just an assumption based on anecdotal evidence, I don't know any of this for sure, so take it with a grain of salt.

Mac Attack

Reaction score
I have the same damn issue. I added a bunch of movies onto my phone for a long plane trip. As soon as i plugged in my Bose headset and started the movies, the music player kicked on. I got frustrated and deleted all my music thinking it would stop but it still happened. I tried to us my BT headsets but found airplane mode inactivates BT. I still have to make my return trip and would like yo work this out before then.

nygrik

Reaction score
I have the same damn issue. I added a bunch of movies onto my phone for a long plane trip. As soon as i plugged in my Bose headset and started the movies, the music player kicked on. I got frustrated and deleted all my music thinking it would stop but it still happened. I tried to us my BT headsets but found airplane mode inactivates BT. I still have to make my return trip and would like yo work this out before then.

for me i had this issue while listening to any sort of streaming...my fix which isnt very good but it works...i use advanced task killer under the menu tab is the services...i kill the media player and that stops it from restarting...on a side note i noticed thats really the only way to kill certain things since 2.2

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I think it's a 2.2 thing. My stock player starts all the time after hanging up on a call with my BT headset. I've tried changing the setting in music mod without any difference too.

nygrik

Reaction score
the new droid i got from verizon today is one of the newer ones and the audiod jack is rock solid you were right its ten times better...still starts up music sometimes but doesnt switch tracks or give me distortion