five days with droid x2 and struggling

burchdog

Reaction score
Good day to everyone here at Droidforums. I am pretty new to forums and I am a new smartphone user. I am enjoying the smartphone experience but finding frequent frustrations. My new Droid x2 is sweet but challenging me regularly. My current problem is in using Widgets. I loaded 4 of them on to my home page and then wanted to get rid of one of the four. I couldn't figure out how to remove one of the four as they all moved in a block. So I pulled the four up to the trash can. They were gone. My problem is that when I went back to the the widgets folders some of the previously installed and then trashed widgets were no longer available to me in the folders. Can anyone tell me what I can do? Also I suspect I may have posted this in another location separate from this introduction discussion. Please advise and I will be happy to try and follow proper procedures. Thanks much

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DroidForums!! Happy you joined up :)

It looks like you did not post this anywhere else so you are good there. And unless you manually uninstalled the app that controls the widget then it is still there. Just removing it from the screen does not uninstall it. Maybe if you tell me what the widget was or what it did, I will know what it is called.

OP
B

burchdog

Reaction score
Yes, Thank you. I installed four widgets just playing around to see how they worked. I am embarrassed to say I can only remember one of the four. It was wikipedia. That one now does not appear in either of my widget folders. I have already learned from this experience to make notes when playing around with this phone.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Is wikipedia the one you want back? And did you need to install an app to be able to get it or was it on the phone when you bought it? Sorry but I am not familiar with what is stock on the X2.

OP
B

burchdog

Reaction score
It was one of the widgets that came with the phone. I don't even care to have it back but I was just wondering why it disappeared from the folder is all. I really appreciate your answering me. I guess I should move on and not worry about. I don't want to waster your time on this matter but do appreciate your efforts. Thanks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No worries you are not wasting my time, just trying to help you figure it out. Helping out is what we are here for so never be afraid to ask questions.

shaggykid

Reaction score
On the screen you want tge widget on click and hold on the screen. Then select widgets and find tge one you want

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X