Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Deep tissue work part d'oh..

c814646fbdbee212307fe3ba352c7613.jpg

What you can expect..

When i went in the first time I was hesitant. How did I know if this person was going to be any good? For all I knew she was going to move my shoulder in the most uncomfortable of ways and possibly make it worse... About this I say... Try to check out the therapist.. Make sure they're licensed or see if you can get word of mouth referrals...

What actually happened..

She asked me to arrive about 10 mins earlier than scheduled.. She discussed with me, the nature of my injury. What kind of pain... sharp, dull, piercing, throbbing.. And she asked me to point out what I perceived as the problem area(s). Then on to the table..

My therapist is a very small woman.. 5'6" maybe 140 lbs. So i was concerned that she wouldn't be able to get the job done without killing herself.. No need.. This woman beats me up..

She started lightly working over both sides of my back, feeling it out she said, and she used some form of a hearing menthol cream, and she had a very relaxing atmosphere.. Dripping water wall, cool room, fairly dark and quiet .. So right away I was able to relax and let her work deeper.. The difference is, if you can't relax and allow her to go deeper, you will flex up and get tighter.. And she can't get to the issue(s)

There are of course different massage treatments.. And different techniques.. She uses a "slip and cross friction" method at first.. She moves steady pressure along the direction of the muscle fiber. She continues to do this feeling for "cables and knots" to expose themselves. She then uses her elbow, knuckles or her incredibly strong thumbs and fingers to work into the tissue.. She put my own thumb on some scar tissue on my pec and I too could feel the difference in the "healthy" tissue and the damaged tissue..

Once she keyed in on some areas that needed work, she quickly warmed the tissue, relaxed it, and then penetrated it.. She would move my arm to different degrees of muscle engagement and scapula angles. She used my goals and muscle tightness as indicators of how hard and how deep to go.

With each treatment I've gotten increased pump in the area.. Increased range of motion.. And the dull throbbing pain I had in my scapula this last time.. Is gone. I used to feel it daily.. Now it's completely gone..

This is a continuation from last week..to share ore of what I've experienced and how it's worked for me... And what to expect for those who haven't had deep tissue work. It's highly worth it. Hope this helps someone. Thank you for reading..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If she's using her thumbs she won't be in the business long. Carpel tunnel will end that quick.

I'm more of the chiropractic treatment person. Moving muscles where they belong as apposed to rubbing them.

Glad its working for you though. I hate people touching me.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
She uses all sorts of techniques.. Remember.. I'm 6'6" and 320 lbs... I may not be the mountain.. But I'm dang sure at least bigger than the hound.. That's the truth..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yea I'm fluffy too.

6'1 240 though.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine isn't all fluff. I used to weigh 469 lbs..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You don't know gabriel iglesias im not fat i'm fluffy??

I was 290 Nov 6th. 6 days a week in the gym training for a race.