Fission/themes

slimpirudude

Reaction score
I am running fission 2.4.3 from the frm.
If I install a theme, how do I do that since it will be from net not fission rom manager (download. Zip and flash in clockwork? Data wipe?)

Also, once I get a theme installed, say I want to install a diff one. Do I just flash it or do I need to wipe data / delete other one.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

biknut1

Reaction score
Themes

I am running fission 2.4.3 from the frm.
If I install a theme, how do I do that since it will be from net not fission rom manager (download. Zip and flash in clockwork? Data wipe?)

Also, once I get a theme installed, say I want to install a diff one. Do I just flash it or do I need to wipe data / delete other one.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Don't hold me to any of this- I think I am telling you right but not positive.

You can put it on your SD card and install it from CWM. I think you can also do the same thing with FRM, but why would you want to?

To change themes, I believe all you need to do is wipe cache before installing.

Hopefully someone else will confirm this for you!

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
No you dont need to wipe your cache at all. I am not sure how Fission Rom Manager handles this, but as long as the zip is on the SD card, just boot into Clockwork and flash the zip. Reboot and your done.

clouse2013

Reaction score
I usually wipe cache when i do it through clockwerkmod but i dont think that you have to. When i watched FRM do it, i dont believe it wipes the cache.

snowride20

Reaction score
Yup really simple, I have made a folder on my SD card called android rom's. Whenever I downoad a file to be flashed I now know where it is once im in recovery. If you download it from your phone it will just be in your downloads folder. No need to wipe anything just flash it. Same with any other add-ons like boot animations or notification bar themes.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I usually wipe cache when i do it through clockwerkmod but i dont think that you have to. When i watched FRM do it, i dont believe it wipes the cache.
Same I always wipe my cache as well and it has yet to hurt anything. It is simply the cache. If you run something like cachemate it will automatically clean your cache out every so often if you choose, and yet it doesnt hurt the phone.

Yup really simple, I have made a folder on my SD card called android rom's. Whenever I downoad a file to be flashed I now know where it is once im in recovery. If you download it from your phone it will just be in your downloads folder. No need to wipe anything just flash it. Same with any other add-ons like boot animations or notification bar themes.

Actually you almost always need to wipe data/factory reset before a flash or your bound to have problems.The exception is add-ons these do not require a wipe.