Fission 2.5.7

DJBlue

Reaction score
Since the upgrade to 2.5.7 I am unable to access the operator menu via the standard method of dialing ##PROGRAM and pressing send. Can anyone explain this or provide an alternate access procedure?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

micp1480

Reaction score
Well, after reading this, I to tried it, and guess what? I am in the same boat as well. I am just wondering what else down the road I am going to find out isn't working.

MICP1480

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a hotfix on FRM that addresses this issue.

OP
D

DJBlue

Reaction score
Yes, thank you, found it about an hour after the initial post.

NEW ISSUE: wired tether is not compatible with this kernel, so where do I get a kernal that is ready to go and up to date? Harder to find for the D2 as opposed to D1

bookie

Reaction score
Since the upgrade to 2.5.7 I am unable to access the operator menu via the standard method of dialing ##PROGRAM and pressing send. Can anyone explain this or provide an alternate access procedure?

I've never seen this before. What does it do? And how do you input text in the dialer?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
D

DJBlue

Reaction score
its called the operators program menu. Generally this menu is accessed at the time the handsets are programmed in accordance with the subsidised purchace by the individual carriers. Otherwise the only other people who might need access to it are network technicians or field engineers for troubleshooting tower installs and reception issues, etc.

Its accessed by typing into your phone dialer ##program then press dial. You dont actually see the program on the handset, just press the corresponding number associated with that letter. For example the number 2 key is used for A, B, or C.

***PLEASE BE AWARE: IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU FURTHER RESEARCH THE OPTIONS IN THAT MENU BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY ATTEMPT ANY ALTERATIONS. THIS SETTINGS MENU CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH OPERABILITY OF THE HANDSET IF CERTAIN ITEMS ARE CHANGED***

Sorry for the all caps I just want to be very clear about that. I would feel horrible if you ended bricking your phone cause you werent aware. I provide certain network diagnostics, contractually, for a couple carriers in my are, and that the only reason i needed access to it.

Hope that answers your questions.

B-)