First time Droid user, battery question

Erock13

Reaction score
mine gets awesome battery life, most ive gotten so far is a day and 4 hours on one charge.. im also rooted and bloatfree though.. but try using juicedefender, that really helps me out alot, it switches off your 3g and wifi when you turn your screen off, and allows a lot more customization as well.. I also have a widget on my homescreen that allows me to change my brightness on the fly, its called widgetsoid, and i also use it for enabling/disabling wifi or 3g if im using the phone but dont want it on anyway.. ya just kinda play around with it awhile, and like what was said before, give it a week or two to even out and youll notice a much bigger improvement.. out of the box it also does a lot of syncing, which is a big battery drainer as well..

Last edited:

Elite49

Reaction score
I've had mine since release and have it pretty much on Battery Saver all the time. Low Brightness, screen off 15 seconds, etc. I thought the battery would get better with usage but it seems the opposite. Just changing settings or moving apps around on the home screen will drain the battery like crazy. I'm probably going to buy the extended battery but unless I'm going insane this has a worse battery life then my EnV Touch did and that thing was baaad.

Btw does anyone know a way to turn off the Button LCD Lights? I hate those turning on all the time. I've always turned anything to do with extra lights off from the screen to a keyboard itself. I can't seem to find a way to turn them off on the X2.

Erock13

Reaction score
elite, if you download the app adjbrightness, it allows you to turn off the button lights, and set the screen brightness below what the system allows.. have you tried a factory reset for your battery drain?

OP
B

berfles

Reaction score
mine gets awesome battery life, most ive gotten so far is a day and 4 hours on one charge.. im also rooted and bloatfree though.. but try using juicedefender, that really helps me out alot, it switches off your 3g and wifi when you turn your screen off, and allows a lot more customization as well.. I also have a widget on my homescreen that allows me to change my brightness on the fly, its called widgetsoid, and i also use it for enabling/disabling wifi or 3g if im using the phone but dont want it on anyway.. ya just kinda play around with it awhile, and like what was said before, give it a week or two to even out and youll notice a much bigger improvement.. out of the box it also does a lot of syncing, which is a big battery drainer as well..

Where do I disable any syncing I don't need? I could probably find it I guess.

I also have an unrelated question, but is there a way to disable the simple swipe when the screen shuts off? It's annoying having to swipe, then enter my pattern just to get to my phone. I read that version 2.3.15 made it impossible to disable, but mine says 2.2.2. I can't find it in any settings though. I don't even see the point of it since you can't turn the phone on without pressing a button, and they're hard to press by accident. Seems like it's a MotoBlur issue and you need an app to disable, that's kind of bleh.

Last edited:

Elite49

Reaction score
elite, if you download the app adjbrightness, it allows you to turn off the button lights, and set the screen brightness below what the system allows.. have you tried a factory reset for your battery drain?

I've reset twice, but for different issues. Thanks for that app worked great, no more annoying button lights. Also set backlight lower.

Last edited:
OP
B

berfles

Reaction score
Battery lasted much better today, I used it at work a good amount and used the GPS after for an hour and still made it home with some life left.

Another question, in anyone else's home and options hardkeys loose? Mine wiggle around quite a bit, the back and search buttons are totally solid. Doesn't affect the function at all, I just thought it was weird. Hopefully it's not from use.

OP
B

berfles

Reaction score
So I'm at 1d1h32m on this charge and still have 40% battery left. Nice.

1d12h52m and it's at 20%. Going to charge it now.

Last edited: