First Time Droid (Rezound) User Here!

thomamon

Reaction score
For years I have been an iPhone user and often have thought about adding a second phone so I can check out the Droid. I was unhappy with my MiFi from Verizon so they made me an offer and I made the plunge and took Verizon up on their offer and added the Rezound to my collection. I now have two phones, an iPhone 4S and the Rezound. I'm so excited about this!

Since I know little about droids and was fooling around with it tonight, I have a few questions.

1) Is there a page to see all your apps that have updates?
2) Is there a way to check what version of the Google Navigation is installed?
3) Can you suggest some apps, maybe something not on iPhone, that I should check out ASAP?

Thanks so much and looking forward to being part of the community.

OP
T

thomamon

Reaction score
That's fine, this is the introduction thread so you started off right! :) Did you get all your questions answered yet?
I think so... Now I am having problems wondering why it won't notify me when things happen. For example I have google chat set up, but if someone sends me a message and I am not using it, it doesn't make a sound to notify me...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think so... Now I am having problems wondering why it won't notify me when things happen. For example I have google chat set up, but if someone sends me a message and I am not using it, it doesn't make a sound to notify me...

You mean Gtalk? Open Gtalk/Settings/Scroll down to notifications.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

Check your notification bar on the top of the phone, also go into settings and check the boxes that apply for notification sounds.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
T

thomamon

Reaction score
My settings are all set for notifications, but not making any noises to notify me. My volume is up as well. Very frustrating...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
what a great phone collection you've got now! welcome to the forums, just got a Rezound myself the other day and really enjoy it...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My settings are all set for notifications, but not making any noises to notify me. My volume is up as well. Very frustrating...

go to settings>sound>volume and make sure the notification volume is up along with the ringtone volume (or check the box that syncs them up)

OP
T

thomamon

Reaction score
what a great phone collection you've got now! welcome to the forums, just got a Rezound myself the other day and really enjoy it...
Can you tell me how to make it play sounds for my notifications? I am so confused. It is not making sounds and I don't see anything popping up or in notification center when I get a new IM...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
do ANY notifications work? like texts? Or if you go into settings>sound>notifications - as you click on different ones, do they make any sounds?

OP
T

thomamon

Reaction score
do ANY notifications work? like texts? Or if you go into settings>sound>notifications - as you click on different ones, do they make any sounds?
They do not... I found that odd when I was trying to set one...

The other odd thing is if I go to volumes and I set the volume for Ringtones, Media or Alarm it plays a sound as I adjust them. When I do it for notifications, NOTHING