First ROM ever causes a boot loop! How do I fix? (HTC Incredible)

ShadowUlcer

Reaction score
So...after months of debating I finally decided to root my Incredible last night, however, the first new ROM that I installed and tried to use caused a problem apparently, (irony, neh?) because now my phone is what I assume to be a boot loop. Since, it restarts, gets to the red droid eye of Satan, then restarts again repeating this process until the end of days.

I can get into the recovery menu, by holding down the joystick and the power button, but I don't know what to do after that, do I "apply sdcard:update.zip", which it tells me that I can't undo if I choose to do so (therefore making me paranoid)? Or is there something else I'm supposed to do?

Thanks in advance!

plasma510

Reaction score
boot into recovery and flash a different rom maybe try flashing a different kernel if this continues to happen with different roms then flash the stock rom.

OP
S

ShadowUlcer

Reaction score
I actually found the restore point that I had set up before installing the ROM, so I restored from there and everything worked great. I even got Cyanogen to work, and that's what I'm running right now.

Thanks for the help though.