Dropped phone, stuck in boot loop

Veritas1

Reaction score
I dropped my stock HTC Incredible about a week ago, noticed a small hairline crack in the display. Over the course of the day the crack got larger and turned into a full blow black blob on my screen. I turned the phone off and switched to an older phone to use, I tried to restart the Incredible and it would boot up and say "DROID" then repeat itself, booting up til the Droid Eye saying "Droid" and starting all over. I order and installed a replacement display, no I have a crystal clear display again but it is still stuck in a boot loop. Am I screwed? Any help would be appreciated, I've searched the forum first but most of the threads I found were dealing with modded phones.

vey

Reaction score
Try to boot into recovery mode and see what happens. Pull battery. Hold down volume down button then press and hold down power button.

OP
V

Veritas1

Reaction score
Try to boot into recovery mode and see what happens. Pull battery. Hold down volume down button then press and hold down power button.

Ok, I booted into recovery mode, came to the red triangle and ! screen, held power up + power and came to a menu that says 1.) Reboot System Now 2.) Apply update from sdcard 3.) wipe data/factory reset 4.) wipe cache partition.

at the bottom it says

E: can't open /cache/recovery/command
E: can't mount /data/data/recovery/log
E:can't open /data/data/recovery/log

which option should i select?

vey

Reaction score
Try wiping the cache first and see if that does the trick. If not, then factory reset.

OP
V

Veritas1

Reaction score
Try wiping the cache first and see if that does the trick. If not, then factory reset.

Vey, thank you so much for your help. Wiping the cache didn't work, but I rebooted and did a factory reset and it worked. You brought my phone back to life, thank you again.

JJoseph9

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid incredible
I also have the same problem with my Droid Incredible. I have Backup Assistant, I'm wondering will I lose all my photos and videos if I factory reset? Also, should I reset from the white HBoot screen or the black recovery screen??