First Instincts

janagru

Reaction score
My momma always told me to go with my first instincts, and that's exactly what I should have done when it came to the Droid. I upgraded my phone last month, and was torn between the Droid, and the Palm Pre Plus. Wanted the Droid since the day it came out...but stupidity won me over, and I purchased the Palm. This phone gave me nothing but troubles since the day I purchased it! Called Verizon, they were pretty unhelpful, they referred me to Palm. Contacted Palm, and what a joke! If it's true that the Palm Pre Plus is there last attempt to save a company...they aren't doing very well.

So...thank God I have a wonderful carrier like Verizon, and have the 30 day period where anything is returnable...so back went the Palm, and now I am a PROUD owner of a Droid! And OMG I LOVE this phone! People can hear me...the applications are amazing! So...always listen to your momma's and go with your first instinct! Thank you Motorola!!!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you remembered and the lesson learned is listen to your momma and go with first instincts from now on. I believe you're gong to be very happy with your Droid. I got mine in November and still love it today! Welcome to DF also.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I too took advantage of the 30 day trial period. I started with the Blackberry Storm 2 after having the original Storm. Hardware problems on two phones and a busy Verizon store gave me time to play with the Droid. I ended up exchanging for the Droid. Best decision I could have made.

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Let us know if you need anything.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My momma always told me to go with my first instincts, and that's exactly what I should have done when it came to the Droid. I upgraded my phone last month, and was torn between the Droid, and the Palm Pre Plus. Wanted the Droid since the day it came out...but stupidity won me over, and I purchased the Palm. This phone gave me nothing but troubles since the day I purchased it! Called Verizon, they were pretty unhelpful, they referred me to Palm. Contacted Palm, and what a joke! If it's true that the Palm Pre Plus is there last attempt to save a company...they aren't doing very well.

So...thank God I have a wonderful carrier like Verizon, and have the 30 day period where anything is returnable...so back went the Palm, and now I am a PROUD owner of a Droid! And OMG I LOVE this phone! People can hear me...the applications are amazing! So...always listen to your momma's and go with your first instinct! Thank you Motorola!!!

Momma knows BEST.... Welcome, janagru! Glad to have you with us! Make yourself at home and jump right in! Everyone is here to help! Reading the threads on the forum will only increase how much you enjoy that new Droid! The possibilities for customization are endless!

:welcome:

OP
janagru

janagru

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome...I love my droid! And all the things it can do. I highly LOVE the diet app I found "calorie counter" because it has a barcode scanner, so I don't even have to log foods, just point and shoot on most of them. If you're trying to keep a diet food log, I highly recommend this!

Only issue I have, and I'm sure it's just me...when I'm on the phone, I'm either hanging up on peeps, or putting them on mute and unable to figure out how to get them back. I know I'm hitting it with my cheek and that's how it's happening, and I'm sure there is a simple solution to fix it, but I haven't found it yet. Short of using a bluetooth...which I do, just not all the time, does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks everyone!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome...I love my droid! And all the things it can do. I highly LOVE the diet app I found "calorie counter" because it has a barcode scanner, so I don't even have to log foods, just point and shoot on most of them. If you're trying to keep a diet food log, I highly recommend this!

Only issue I have, and I'm sure it's just me...when I'm on the phone, I'm either hanging up on peeps, or putting them on mute and unable to figure out how to get them back. I know I'm hitting it with my cheek and that's how it's happening, and I'm sure there is a simple solution to fix it, but I haven't found it yet. Short of using a bluetooth...which I do, just not all the time, does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks everyone!

This thread should give you your answers. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ggestions/38675-i-keep-hanging-up-people.html It's a known issue with the otherwise close to perfect Droid. Hope this helps!