First Droid, First Smartphone

BionicTonic

Reaction score
Traded in my old Samsung Reality. Nothing was wrong with it....just needed a bigger screen.

After looking all over Verizon for something "affordable", the saleslady takes off and comes back with a Bionic. She said they had just got some more in. $60 with my Reality trade-in, plus up my 2 Gig data plan to 4 Gigs for the same price. Sounded good to me.

So, I walked out with the Bionic. extended battery and back cover, hard case back and holster, stylus, screen protectors and a 3 foot receipt for some kind of rebate on something. I hate rebates!

As far as the smartphone thing goes, I wished I had gotten one sooner! I travel during the weekdays and it really has been a lifesaver. Seriously! I use My-Cast and Radar Now! and it helped me to stay away from some intense storms and tornadoes lately.

My wife has gotten an iPhone 4 recently. I had thought about it, too. I am very glad I got the Bionic: bigger screen and replaceable battery alone made my decision. Oh, and because it's LINUX...and I have been messing with Linux for many years.

Don't know if I'll root it or ROM it or brick, bonk, jail, break or whatever you guys call it. Why can't we just get a terminal app, type "sudo" and be done with it!!

Anyways...just really sayin' hello....I've blabbed too much here, but us old people do that sometimes. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here (already have) and stuff.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Welcome, grats on the move and hope you enjoy your new toy (ahh, I mean highly advanced executive productivity enhancement appliance)! ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!

Congrats on the Bionic!!

JSM9872