Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
So how many people are lucky enough to live in a state that sells fireworks that you can actually you there. Driving how lil while ago I noticed the fireworks tents up.. they seem to be getting bigger each year, yet they only sell the small class C fireworks, thus nothing good.

But here in Pennsylvania their are quite a few fireworks retailers, only thing is is that you cant buy anything from them if you live in the state, guess thats why they are all pretty much close to the borders of NJ/NY and Ohio.. in the 80s I ordered once from a place called fireworks unlimited, and UPS delivered it.. now they wont.. so I guess its more sparklers, snakes and cones again this year.. lol

[video=youtube;uqfxmWbelcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqfxmWbelcQ&feature=related"]YouTube - The Simpsons - Illegal Fireworks[/video]

Last edited:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In florida you aren't allowed to have anything that shoots off, explodes, or many other things, but that doesn't stop the northwestern folks from going into alabama and buying the fireworks there. So far out of the 10 or so years that I know of a few folks that do this and the most they've ever had done to them was 2 years out of the 10, they were told to put them away and if the cops saw them again they would take them away and possibly fine him. But most of the cops up here are quite nice about it, they usually just tell ya to put them away.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea, when I was in college and were on our way to Daytona Beach for spring break, we of course stopped at south of the border and bought fireworks.. not in the hotel room for 30 mins before a cop shows up and says a security guard (Who couldnt have been more of a hick he tried) said I was "Balcony Climbing" for stepping over a 3 foot wall from our 1 balcony to our adhoing rooms balcony.. anyways, to make a long story short.. he frisked me and found some firecrackers, and gave them out to people walking by so I wouldnt have them on me at the 'little spring break processing area' they had set up.. which was cool.. still cost me a $250 fine but... oh well

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I detest fireworks. I live in a rural area and none of my neighbors set them off. I like it that way, I don't have to worry about somebody's bottle rocket being shot on the roof of my house and catching fire. It scares my parrots.

6 years ago when I lived in Kentucky was the last time I had to put up with that stuff. It's the only thing I like about living where I live now, it's quiet.

For what it's worth I understand people setting them off on the 4th but I don't understand two weeks before and a week after. That's just plain inconsiderate of your neighbors. And even on the fourth you should shut it down by 11 pm. Some people have to work the next day.

I'll also take your kids ball if it gets in my yard. Fortunately there are no kids near my house. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

In Ohio it's illegal to set fireworks off, but it's not illegal to sell them if you are taking them to somewhere where it's legal. You sign a piece of paper saying this when you buy them :rolleyes:

Ohio is a screwed up state.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'll also take your kids ball if it gets in my yard. Fortunately there are no kids near my house. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Ohio is a screwed up state.[/QUOTE]

Your just plain evil :icon_evil: lol .. Nah I'd probaby take the ball too.. dog never has enough toys..

As for setting them off weeks before and after, that I agree week before, no earlier as different communities/schools/carnivals have different dates they tend to have for firework displays.. me, I like em, but its been years since I had anything worth while..

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i do fireworks every year on the 4th.. not 2 weeks after or before in Indiana they allow you to pretty much shoot off whatever you want.. ( ithink i do and never been in trouble for it).. we try to have our firework show done by 11-1130 at night..

now neighbors will probabably start shooting them off this weekend and continue till mid July.. that is a bit overboard...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll also take your kids ball if it gets in my yard. Fortunately there are no kids near my house. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::i
As for setting them off weeks before and after, that I agree week before, no earlier as different communities/schools/carnivals have different dates they tend to have for firework displays.. me, I like em, but its been years since I had anything worth while..

It's my grumpy hour. :)

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i always try and think about what they represent when i see/hear them... especially when i hear them off in the distance, i try and think of the people that defend our country that live with those sounds day in and day out... don't get me wrong, they can be cool and all from an entertainment stand point, but i hate how celebrations like that can border on "idiocracy"... hopefully as my kids get older i can get them to think similarly

Last edited:
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well, I think if I remember right, that the 'original' use of fireworks in the USA was to re-enact the line from the star spangled banner:

"...And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there...'

Although I'm sure their are many other variations of fireworks origins in the USA, but thats what I always think of when I hear/see them..

Lyrics and Music

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
right, that's essentially what i meant i just didn't elaborate it well...

though i have to admit, when we were at disneyland a few weeks back, we stayed across the street, and feeling it shake our room every single night was kinda cool just from the "big boom cool factor" standpoint...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
speaking of cool big booms... (does it count as pulling a thread off topic if the thread is already off topic? :blink:)

[video=youtube;ynZxVErTovg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynZxVErTovg]YouTube - Mythbusters - Exploding Cement Truck[/video]

jayb

Reaction score
I shoot them every year...........always have. I grew up with the good stuff ( real M-80's and other stuff with no markings ).

Now I have to do a little detective work to get what I want.

About 5 years ago a buddy of mine,that well lets say he should work in vegas at a sports book , spent about a grand on fireworks and let me tell you they were the same things that you see at the big shows. I LOVE IT!

Nothing like spending a couple of days setting everything up. We had to put the launch tubes in the ground and get everything in order. It was a great time. I think this year I will be saving my $$$ for the Droid X tho :angry:

O well I think everyone should celebrate and just do it in your own way. :icon_ banana:

BTW I am in Missouri

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
speaking of cool big booms... (does it count as pulling a thread off topic if the thread is already off topic? :blink:)

Nope its all good in the off topic section :)

As for the video, some peope just have the best jobs..

googles: where to rent cement trucks

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
no joke on the best job... we were watching the "top 25" mythbusters the other night... those guys have it great

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The Fireworks Laws of Every State

If you were curious exactly how much fireworks fun you're legally allowed to have tomorrow—or how far you'll have to travel to buy the good stuff—look no further than this handy map of state-by-state fireworks legality.

While you can use this as a general guide, it's important to note that laws can vary even within states, so it's worth double-checking to make sure your booms don't bring the heat. Otherwise, happy and safe explosions to you all tomorrow, assuming you don't live in the draconian Northeast. [Buzzfeed]

Send an email to Brian Barrett, the author of this post, at [email protected].