Finger scan app wont let me into phone...

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
got the app called finger scan lite and it worked great all day long. decided i liked it and wanted to upgrade to it for kicks.

the pro version now has me locked out of my phone....

its stuck on the green "please scan your fingerprint" screen. when you hold your finger on the screen, it vibrates x amount of times like its supposed to but it goes to a white button in the center of the screen and wont let me do anything. i tried holding the home button and it will only get me to messaging. anything i do, it keeps going to the white button.

tried pulling the battery and powering down, same results.

im screwed and need some help fast.

thanx!

OP
plumcrazy

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yup, that it. gonna see if i can get them in the AM.

if anyone has any other info, please post it

im really screwed, they're from china....... :(

OP
plumcrazy

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah i just figured out how to do that....by mistake. didnt do it but know how to now...

just gotta see what happens before i do it.

steeleshark2

Reaction score
It will get rid of everything you have done on your phone. You will have to reactivate it with Verizon. It will be like you just got it in the mail. SD Card data should still be available. I saw someone else get locked out of the phone with a app and this fixed it. Good Luck!!

phxlab

Reaction score
Are you holding your finger down for at least 3 seconds?
Just found out about an app called "finger scanner life", and you have to hold three seconds with it.

OP
plumcrazy

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol, not the answer i was hoping for...but i do appreciate it !

M@|ice

Reaction score
i had that once before and ran into the same problem. i ended up removing it completely. when you hold the home button do you get a option asking you to choose what to do...home screen or the thumb program and to choose one as a default?

droider4life

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is any help but I read a thread a while back where the lockscreen messed up and a Guy couldn't get into his phone. He was able to call the phone then slide to answer, then go into the settings and disable the lock screen. Is this an option?

scoder

Reaction score
That should work, I had to fix issues like this when I was a tech for VZW and that usually worked. Just call from your house phone and stay on a call with it while you go into settings and remove the app. If not, hard reset.

M@|ice

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is any help but I read a thread a while back where the lockscreen messed up and a Guy couldn't get into his phone. He was able to call the phone then slide to answer, then go into the settings and disable the lock screen. Is this an option?

outstanding suggestion! do like he said but remain on the call and hit the back icon or the menu button to go into your phones main settings and uninstall that app. dont know why i didnt think of that when this happened to me.

OP
plumcrazy

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tried that. back button kept taking me to the fingerprint.

hard reset worked.

TBIZZLE

Reaction score
Had same issue but fixed it

I had same issue. I downloaded that finger print software and it locked up my droidx. I was able to get to the voice command screen and said "Go To Settings". That enabled me to get me to the settings and Application Management and uninstall the fingerprint software.

Saved me from doing a hard reset!!!:icon_ banana:

kellyhahaha

Reaction score
I know how!!

WHEN YOU GET A CALL AND YO TRY GOIN TO SETTINGS, I DONT THINK IT WORKS.. WELL IT DIDNT WORK FOR MY FONE. THE DROID 2.
ok, u have to like kinda cheat your way into it. first, if you're locked into the thing, click on the ad thats provided on the bottem. and then, go to your keyboard and type in this link: Google
From there, you click on the "download from market" and then there, you press the menus button thing on your phone and find "downloads". from there, you'll be able to find the stupid F***ing app and uninstall it. hehe i hope this works! i typed this up rite after i did it on my phone. the app didnt work at all. it pissed me off so much. if this doesnt work then email me at this address: [email protected]
THIS TOOK ME ABOUT 2 HOURS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO. haha no im not stupid.. haha

YOUR WELCOME :D