Finding Apps

Cathbad

Reaction score
I'm new to this device. I'll have the Droid X next Thursday.
Where should I go to look for apps? I found one app I wont, but I haven't found a place that was setup to make it easy to find things. I want to have my list ready by the time I get the phone.
Thanks for your help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where should I go to look for apps? I found one app I wont, but I haven't found a place that was setup to make it easy to find things. I want to have my list ready by the time I get the phone.
Thanks for your help.

You will find 99% of your apps in the Market. You'll see the Market, it's on your Droid X.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help.

Try logging onto AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market from your computer. Then download the appbrain app to your phone. The former is an excellent site for searching for apps, much better than trying to do so in the Market. Once you've created an "account" on appbrain, the app on your phone will keep the list of your apps synchronized with the list on your account and will simplify the downloading experience by identifying any apps you've indicated you want on the website and take you to the market to download them.

OP
C

Cathbad

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for help form the 2 members who told me where to go.
I have the 2 items I really need:
Call blocker
Backgammon

I don't know what comes with it so I'll be looking but I'll have to wait to see what I want.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest not only using the Market and AppBrain (and Androlib) but App discussion forums such as this one.

SGTiger

Reaction score
Trying to use the market to search for an app is a nightmare I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

In addition to appbrain.com, I use androidzoom.com because it allows you to sort your search results by rating and also by popularity.