Can't find flixster movies app

grifter102

Reaction score
I can't seem to find anyone with this same issue, but I can't find the flixster movies app in the market. I have a verizon droid running cyanogenmod. I can find the app on my girlfriend's ally, can find it in appbrain but when I click the market link it says that the app can't be found.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

debdroid1a

Reaction score
It's just called Movies. Made by Flixster Inc. There's a little icon of popcorn next to it.
I have Droid1, unrooted. It's in the market and shows I have it Installed.

OP
G

grifter102

Reaction score
I know what it's called and I used to have it installed. The market does not have it when I search "movies". If I go to appbrain, I can find the app. I click "market" and it opens the android market and it says the app can't be found.

born2burn

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I tried to find FlexT9 keyboard on my Droid, I was running BB 0.5. All the android phones were able to find it but mine told me the item could not be found(not the exact error message). I moved back to the stock image and it found the app without a problem. I am not sure but I think that some of the apps are bound to stock market( I am not sure if it is even possible but that is the only possible explanation I could come up with).

What you can do is take a backup of this app from your girlfriend's mobile and then transfer it to your phone, it should be easily installed that way. Or you can go to Stock image whenever you want :).

Just to check if we are having the same problem, go on and try to find FlexT9 on your and your girlfriend's phone.

Hope it helps.

OP
G

grifter102

Reaction score
Looks like that's the issue. I'm surprised I couldn't find anything about it online, everyone who couldn't find it just didn't realize it was called "movies", not "flixster". Which was not my problem.

So you mentioned making a backup on my gf's phone... how, exactly?

born2burn

Reaction score
There are many ways to make backups. I did it once a long time ago using Astro. It has a good backup tool which stores apps apk on the sdcard which can be transfered to the PC and hence to any other mobile(I know it is a long process, but that is the best one I know of). I think that should work fine for you. Do let me know how it went.

OP
G

grifter102

Reaction score
I made the backup using es file explorer and transferred it to my phone. the installation failed on the droid... so I tried the install via web while checking the debug logs. turns out I was missing some library which I found online and manually pushed to the phone. I think I may have run out of internal space or something and those files didn't make it over when I flashed cyanogen.

anyway, after that the installation worked... and now Movies shows up in the market with no issues. guess it was a missing library all along.