Finally upgraded to ICS. Where the HECK is...?

buellboy9

Reaction score
I used to keep my Bionic in "CDMA only" mode in order to save the battery. I finally found that setting under the rearranged ICS "Settings Menu" but it's grayed out. How can I switch the phone to CDMA only again? I only use 4G/LTE when I'm tethered.

Also, the new USB menu doesn't seem to have a "Charge Only" setting so at times I can't leave the phone plugged into my laptop and use it too. Is there a way around that??

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Well that answered my second question... but what about the first? Switching from CDMA/LTE to CDMA Only?
You need a third-party app to do that now.

The only one I am aware of is "LTE OnOff - HTC Thunderbolt", in the App Store. I used it right after the ICS upgrade came out because we were in a 3G area. I had a great deal of difficulty turning LTE back on once we moved to a 4G area. I won't use it again.

Since we have been in 3G-only areas for the last two weeks, I haven't noticed any difference in battery performance than what I experienced with 4G turned off.

Gavo

Reaction score
You need a third-party app to do that now.

The only one I am aware of is "LTE OnOff - HTC Thunderbolt", in the App Store. I used it right after the ICS upgrade came out because we were in a 3G area. I had a great deal of difficulty turning LTE back on once we moved to a 4G area. I won't use it again.

Since we have been in 3G-only areas for the last two weeks, I haven't noticed any difference in battery performance than what I experienced with 4G turned off.

Do you mind telling me what you used to turn the LTE back on? I'm having serious trouble doing so.

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
It's not that hard. The problem is that no one properly identified the correct choice to switch back to LTE. You want:
LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA

Reaction score
It's not that easy

Do you mind telling me what you used to turn the LTE back on? I'm having serious trouble doing so.
It took me a long time to get the phone to return to 4G service.

I repeatedly selected LTE/CDMA/EvDo in the LTE OnOff app. I tried rebooting the phone, powering it off, and removing the battery, and powering it back on. I went through the process maybe a dozen times before the LTE/CDMA/EvDo setting "took".

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
I discovered you only have to do it once, but it takes awhile... you have to be patient.

bionic207

Reaction score
I tired to get back on 4g chose lte/cdma/evdo. It has been 24hrs on still wont even,connect to 3g. Taking away that function after ICS was a big fail by moto. Any help would be greatly appreciated

lwaltz

Reaction score
Anyone get this solved to get LTE back yet? Another ICS problem I have is getting bluetooth to pair with my Prius audio. I can get the phone to pair and work but can't get audio.

bionic207

Reaction score
Thought maybe if i got rid of the lte switch it would go back to 4g. Well no luck! I set it to LTE/CDMA/EVDO then unistalled the lte app. Now all i have is 1x. Verizon will be seeing me soon!

deduct

Reaction score
Have you tried 'phone info' app in play store? Download it and scroll down to set select preferred network type and choose 'late/CDMA/evdo'. I'd it does not switch after a minute minute, select the turn radio off option just below preferred network type and then turn it back on.

lwaltz

Reaction score
Since I have a similar problem, I tried every suggestion to no avail also. It appears like the PRL is required. Right now I am on 3G using "CDMA auto (PRL)" and that works fine but does not get me LTE. There are 5 options that contain "LTE", but none of them will get LTE (my wife has the same phone with ICS, and it is nearly always on LTE, so I am definitely in a 4G LTE service area.) If there was a "LTE/CDMA/EvDO auto (PRL)" I bet that would fix it, but it isn't in the list of options for preferred mode.

bionic207

Reaction score
Tried all of thus and still lte i know I'm in a 4g area as it use to work before ics! Back to Verizon i go