"file type m4v not found" what does this mean?

holdout

Reaction score
Ok i have had my droid since December. Have been converting dvds using handbrake on my Mac and have had good results. h264 format.

But as of last night when I select a movie to play via astro file mgr, I am getting this error message on some of the movies that i have watched before.

i can watch some movies but most are showing this message. But even on the ones i can watch I have to "open as type".

D

dvdcatalyst

Ok i have had my droid since December. Have been converting dvds using handbrake on my Mac and have had good results. h264 format.

But as of last night when I select a movie to play via astro file mgr, I am getting this error message on some of the movies that i have watched before.

i can watch some movies but most are showing this message. But even on the ones i can watch I have to "open as type".

rename them to mp4

My guess is that the file manager doesn't recognize the m4v filetype.

OP
holdout

holdout

Reaction score
DVD Catalyst,

thanks for the response. Changing the file extension didn't help.

This is really weird. Some vids play, others only sound, others nothing at all and a FC.

Can't really id the common thread. Stranger still is that some of these are video files I've watched on my droid before so something has changed on my droid with the player or on my sd card.

Anyone else want to chime in?

BTw I'm not rooted and I have used Mixzing and the stock media player. Uninstalled MixZing and reinstalled, no difference.

D

dvdcatalyst

DVD Catalyst,

thanks for the response. Changing the file extension didn't help.

This is really weird. Some vids play, others only sound, others nothing at all and a FC.

Can't really id the common thread. Stranger still is that some of these are video files I've watched on my droid before so something has changed on my droid with the player or on my sd card.

Anyone else want to chime in?

BTw I'm not rooted and I have used Mixzing and the stock media player. Uninstalled MixZing and reinstalled, no difference.

If they worked before, they should work now.
Try playing them using the Media Gallery app.
If it still fails, try a soft-reset or a battery pull.

Alona

Reaction score
RE;file type m4v not found

firstly format your cell phone because most of the time this problem is been occurred because the cell phone get lots of operating burden over it .After re-installing the software and loading videos check whether the same problem occurs or not . Iam sure you the problem will be solved just by following my steps above. THANK YOU...

OP
holdout

holdout

Reaction score
Could you explain what you mean by formatting the phone? And what software do I re install?

BTW I can't even play the videos taken with the phone