File transfer app *without* a wifi network?

kauthor47

Reaction score
I'm looking for some kind of file transfer app from a Droid to a PC, using wifi, that doesn't necessarily require a wifi hotspot in the area.

I tried using wifi tether to create a hotspot, and connect my laptop to it, but every time I set up EStronges, it wouldn't give me an FTP address to connect to, so I couldn't get in.

If this makes any sense to anyone, help would be appreciated.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that if you don't want to mount your phone through USB, then if you have it on your PC, blue tooth would do it. I know Bluetooth File Transfer app is for phone to phone, I don't know about phone to PC

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's no way to do it over WiFi, but if you want to use Bluetooth, then Bluetooth File Transfer will do it for you.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some kind of file transfer app from a Droid to a PC, using wifi, that doesn't necessarily require a wifi hotspot in the area.
What you're looking for is referred to as "ad hoc".

ulrjen

Reaction score
MobCable

The MobCable app can do that, it supports file transfers without a wi-fi connection, using the phone 3G Internet connection and MobCable.com as a proxy.

PhilD

Reaction score
I'm guessing that if you don't want to mount your phone through USB, then if you have it on your PC, blue tooth would do it. I know Bluetooth File Transfer app is for phone to phone, I don't know about phone to PC

the Bluetooth File Transfer app works great between phone and PC