file too large to email video New to Incredible

desdemona246

Reaction score
Someone please help me know how to email my videos from my Droid Incredible of my newborn grandbaby. I have read a lot about what to do but nothing is working for me. I have tried to bluetooth it to my Mac but I can't get blue tooth to stay connected. I've tried to email it them and some of them go through but some of the most precious ones say the file is too large.
I have gone into video camera/settings/and changed the resolution to the lowest but still I can't move my videos from the phone.
I am a rookie at this and someone please give me step by step instructions what to do.
Please tell me that I have not lost these precious videos to remain in my phone forever.

I have connected my USB cord from phone to MacBook Pro and it still will not allow me to move ANY of these videos to my computer.
It did allow me to move my pictures.
Please help me.
I realize there are many threads about this but I can't follow all of them to get anything done.
Thank you in advance.

geldo

Reaction score
first of all I don't have an answer but I share your problem...I tried everything I could...Best advice I got was reducing the # of Pixels to the minimum...Did not work...I have posted the same question..I'll let you know if I get a response...Interesting, My 5th grandson is 1 yr old and I have a ton of videos on my Droid Incredible...only for me to see so far...good luck geldo

nyr900

Reaction score
Hey... hope this helps, had a similar problem the other day..... hook the incredible to your mac using the usb, then on the incredible change the way it connects to "disk drive" ... im pretty sure that is what it is called.... then once it pops up in your "finder" on the mac, go to the place where the videos are held, and drag them into a folder on your mac.... this should work fine...

best of luck and congrats on the new grandchild

OP
D

desdemona246

Reaction score
Transferring videos from phone

Hi,

Well, after much trial and error and reducing the resolution I was still not able to email my videos via phone, but was able to transfer them from the phone to my computer/MacBook...finally.

I found them, then saved them to pictures, and now can email from my computer or watch them. Also, any videos that were transferred from my old phone to my new Incredible could be viewed but there was no sound. Once I brought them over from phone to Mac and set them up I am now able to view and enjoy!

I have not yet tried to video with lower resolution and email, but will soon.

Let me know how it goes and I will help in anyway possible. Congrats on your one year old. Precious times!

geldo

Reaction score
Thanks for the info but the response was not helpful to me (Geldo) as I have a pc. Besides I'd rather not transfer to the pc and then email the video...I want to send direct from the Droid...little confusion here as two of us just had the same issue...thanks geldo

nyr900

Reaction score
you cannot send video in email that is recorded at such a high resolution, you need to step down the resolution to the lowest possible

geldo

Reaction score
Thanks, I have video set at GVGA 320x 240...Is that not the lowest res?

nyr900

Reaction score
yes that's it .... I normally keep my camera set to the highest setting, then I change it if I want to send the picture or video ,I figure this way if it's important I will have a good quality picture or video , then if it's not important I can always lower the resolution to send the picture or video

athocinc

Reaction score
GUYS! HELLOOOO I was uploading 50Mb files to facebook months ago....my life has come to a hault....well at least to my facebookers. Help!! The update to the Droid that came across in recent months has put some sort of limit of the size of the files you can send in the Mail app, or could be specific to Exchange itself :eek:

carolinebrown

Reaction score
If you are facing file too large issue then it might be due to corruption problem and to resolve this problem, one will have to format their system after this entire problem gets resolved but the stored data gets deleted. So to perform deleted file recovery Mac one must have to use recovery software.