Figured out my battery issue!

akamurph

Reaction score
In regards to my thread here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...scussions/43635-another-battery-question.html I thought I would make a new thread with what I found in case it helps anyone else:

Found out my issue... Verizon sent me another battery to no avail.

I factory reset my Inc last night and went to activate it and kept getting errors - it was late night/early morning. I went to bed and this morning barely any of the battery was used. When I looked at my battery info - Up time was a huge number while the Awake time was small. I activated the phone and set it up as normal this morning. I noticed Up Time vs Awake time was now the exact same even after letting it sit for awhile.

After awhile of playing around with it I found the culprit - my Exchange email sync was keeping my phone from sleeping - it was syncing every second. If your Up Time and Awake Time are similar then you have an issue. You can also look at settings - Accounts & Sync - click on your accounts and see if any are updating frequently (with the little refresh icon) and that is most likely the problem.

When I look now my Up time is 1:05:54 vs Awake time of 0:05:34 --> So *knock on wood* hopefully my battery will last longer than 4 hours now :)

(Sidenote: I've also read other people say their Facebook for HTC app, and Gmail Calendar app keeping their phones from sleeping)

OP
A

akamurph

Reaction score
That should be fine - if you have been using your phone. Before, if I turned off my screen and didn't touch my phone and after 20 minutes brought it up - I would look at Up and Awake time and they would be 24:46 and 24:46 - So my phone was never sleeping and always using battery.

R24D24

Reaction score
That should be fine - if you have been using your phone. Before, if I turned off my screen and didn't touch my phone and after 20 minutes brought it up - I would look at Up and Awake time and they would be 24:46 and 24:46 - So my phone was never sleeping and always using battery.

Have you thought that since they are exactly the same, the problem could be the counter itself? Even if it wasn't sleeping properly it seems like it would sleep at least for a little before your apps/widgets woke it up. Wouldn't there be at least a little different, or are you thinking it is always awake 100% of the time?

OP
A

akamurph

Reaction score

Have you thought that since they are exactly the same, the problem could be the counter itself? Even if it wasn't sleeping properly it seems like it would sleep at least for a little before your apps/widgets woke it up. Wouldn't there be at least a little different, or are you thinking it is always awake 100% of the time?

Sometimes there would be a couple second difference from the time I powered it on - other times they were the exact same. No, I don't think the problem was with the counter itself - I would turn the screen off and not touch it and the battery would be dead in 4 hours.