few questions on warranty/unrooting

koralyne

Reaction score
So i went into the local verizon store today, and i asked them if my bubbling keys were covered under warranty. i showed them that it was bubbling, and the entire keypad was sliding away from the bottom of the phone. made it really hard to type with.

He asked me to show him, and i showed him. he said it should be covered under warranty, but when he asked if he could examine the phone, i made up some excuse to leave the store immidiatly (im positive he was gonna check for root)

So i left, and now i need to unroot. I tried going to rootyourdroid.info, but i didnt have hope because i heard it was let go of.

So, i need to know a few answers

1) is this REALLY covered under warranty? (will they replace it, or will they charge me 100$ for it?)
2) do i need to just unroot, or do i need to FULLY restore it? (meaning, put the old youtube file back in, etc)
3) where can i get the unroot update, and what are the instructions? (also, i probably need the android console stuff)

Kmart95

Reaction score
You would probably be fine with just unrooting it but if you do only that i would remove all apps that require root. But if you're comfortable with rsd lite i would just flash the 2.0.1 .sbf and then accept the 2.1 update and install a couple of apps so your phone isnt completely clean because that would be suspicious IMO.

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
Do you mean if i accept the 2.1 update, it removes the root app? (ninja icon)