Feedback on 2.2

shov76

Reaction score
Ok, long time lurker but it's time for some feedback. I rooted awhile back to see what the hype was all about. Actually no big deal with the exception of being able to try lots of Roms.
Don't know what I was expecting to see but no "wow". Settled on Evil Eris V3 and really like it for the sense factor, slight increase in snappiness with the OC @ 710 and the ability to run a wireless tether.
2.2 Kaos Froyo v28 comes around and I flash and guess what... I went back to the EE Rom because I really like the sense overlay. I missed my calendar, phone contact linking, cool weather widget (actually HTC has the best widegets imo) and everything else.
Bottom line for me is that although I love the Android OS it's really the Android with Sense overlay that I really enjoy. When The Eris first came out I chose that over the moto droid for a few reasons. One being the size and the other was the layout. As someone that was new to Android and smartphones in general I didn't have any experience comparing, didn't know what I liked because I didn't know what there was out there.
Now that I've seen what 2.2 has (no sense) I think I'll wait before anymore flashing. Out of all the Roms I've flashed the ones with sense are the one's I keep coming back to.
This post was not to piss anyone off (mines better than yours) but was just to provide feedback from my experiences.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, long time lurker but it's time for some feedback. I rooted awhile back to see what the hype was all about. Actually no big deal with the exception of being able to try lots of Roms.
Don't know what I was expecting to see but no "wow". Settled on Evil Eris V3 and really like it for the sense factor, slight increase in snappiness with the OC @ 710 and the ability to run a wireless tether.
2.2 Kaos Froyo v28 comes around and I flash and guess what... I went back to the EE Rom because I really like the sense overlay. I missed my calendar, phone contact linking, cool weather widget (actually HTC has the best widegets imo) and everything else.
Bottom line for me is that although I love the Android OS it's really the Android with Sense overlay that I really enjoy. When The Eris first came out I chose that over the moto droid for a few reasons. One being the size and the other was the layout. As someone that was new to Android and smartphones in general I didn't have any experience comparing, didn't know what I liked because I didn't know what there was out there.
Now that I've seen what 2.2 has (no sense) I think I'll wait before anymore flashing. Out of all the Roms I've flashed the ones with sense are the one's I keep coming back to.
This post was not to piss anyone off (mines better than yours) but was just to provide feedback from my experiences.

Agree 100%.

vacobra1

Reaction score
The only issue with the 2.2 is the battery life, other then that I love it.

riadav

Reaction score
I tried a couple of 2.2 ROMS and I struggled with the new a2sd and how that works. I kept running out of room on the internal device even though I moved all my apps to sd....but I could have been doing something wrong....

parkall

Reaction score
Yes, I love it have had it for a few days now and it's a little quirky but I love the new phone keypad dialing layout.. and how everything just works, and now that its rooted, i can teather my iphone via wifi and it works great!!!!!

Bluehand

Reaction score
The only issue with the 2.2 is the battery life, other then that I love it.

I've not done any hard testing, but I think my battery life is holding up just the same, if not even slightly better.

If I were to guess, might be the lower processor speed during screen off, set via profiles in SetCPU?