FB contacts not on phonebook but show up in dropdowns

King30Henrik35

Reaction score
Hi all-

I looked in this forum as well as a google search but can't quite seem to find an answer to my question/problem.

I have Facebook on my Thunderbolt (both the app and HTC Sense thing). I was able to find how to keep Facebook contacts out my contacts, other than the ones I have selected to link.

My question is:
When I go to compose a new message or phone call and start entering a name, Facebook contacts are showing up in the drop down. I can't actually find them anywhere on my phone, but when I start entering a contact name to send a text or to call, hundreds of people start showing up. How do I stop this? Is there a way?

I'm sorry if this is somewhere else on the site but everything I found regarding facebook contacts was about keeping them out of the phonebook

crowax

Reaction score
I don't have sense, so I could be wrong about this, but on my Droid, this is how I fixed this.

Go to your phone settings and then accounts. Choose your facebook app and be sure it is set to only sync contacts you have on the phone. It may be set to sync all contacts from there, which could pull them into your phone list even if you do not link them.

OP
King30Henrik35

King30Henrik35

Reaction score
I have it set to only sync contacts already existing in my phonebook... like I said, they don't show up in my contact list, just the various drop downs when I am entering someones name

obrien0521

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sonnl

Reaction score
Me to, as well as, and feel free to answer this one too anyone who knows, but litterallly everyone I have ever emailed in the 4 years my Gmail account has been active is in my contacts, and I have unsynced everything, so does anyone know.how to get rid of this awesome feature?

dfitz

Reaction score
Open up your contacts app, it's called "People". Hit the menu button, then "view", this should then show all the accounts contributing to your phone.

Uncheck the Facebook entirely, the facebook app will manage contacts based on "sync only existing contacts"

For the gmail account one, you probably have multiple groups selected instead of just "My Contacts" under your gmail account.

That should fix your problems.

OP
King30Henrik35

King30Henrik35

Reaction score
looked at what dfitz recommended and my neither Facebook app nor Facebook for HTC Sense are checked off to sync. this is driving me insane. I may just not use facebook at all on my Thunderbolt I guess...

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Me to, as well as, and feel free to answer this one too anyone who knows, but litterallly everyone I have ever emailed in the 4 years my Gmail account has been active is in my contacts, and I have unsynced everything, so does anyone know.how to get rid of this awesome feature?

Try to install the gmail app from the market because I think they updated it so that would not happen.