Favorite OG Droid Rom?

jchammer123

Reaction score
So I have a question just for fun and to see if there's something out there I've been missing. What is your favorite OG Droid rom and why? Let me know and post some screen shots if you'd like!!!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First of all, I do not like any of the Gingerbread roms. They are all "buggy" on my phone. And they are all buggy in exactly the same ways and places (on my phone). YMMV!!

Froyo roms:

RZ Baseline is smooth, fast and gives me good battery life.

UD 2.5 is smooth, fast and gives me good battery life.

Sapphire is smooth, fast and gives me good battery life.

PE4.2 is smooth, fast and gives me good battery life.

Chevy's 4.96 is smooth, fast and gives me good battery life.

See a pattern here??

darkmatter

Reaction score
Sourcery 2.0 the customization is outstanding, (and its very stable/fast etc)

way I figure, any froyo rom is gonna run pretty well.

pyro6128

Reaction score
When I had my d1 i had ultimate droid 2.3, I liked that version better than 2.5. But now its my girlfriends... :(

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I ran strictly UD from v7 all the way to 2.3....until I got curious about Sourcery. Been on that since 1.0 and will not be switching ANY time soon! 2.0 is awesome!! :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know its been awhile sense we released anything but dang, anyone remember succulent desire? Themed with atlantis! it was great and will be back soon, or later but its on the way.

donzz

Reaction score
It seems like this question gets asked daily. lol

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I have only tried two - CyanogenMod and Bugless Beast. Cyanogen had too much junk in it for my tastes. Bugless Beast has all the customization options I want and nothing more. It runs very fast and the battery life is outstanding.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
What do you mean by OG Droid ROMs? I don't recall any Original Gangster ROMs.
Mind you, I'm pretty "hood" myself. lol... Just be sure to enlighten me if it means something else now.

Anyway all kidding aside as, for as long as I've been in "the game" I've tried more ROMs than I care to admit publically (I will admit to being a geek, but nothing more!).

My review is that all the Froyo I've tried works well. But I always return to Chevy's ROMs & kernals for the frequent, speedy and useful updates, and Peter's Bugless Beast.

Peter doesn't appear to update anything non-crucial until his next big release. I like that I'm not bothered by too-frequent updates but I know if something comes up wrong with Chevy's I know it is sure to be assessed quickly.

Chevy & BB will always be reliable, fast, efficient, and have improvements over any stock phone ROM. Also they will both offer a stock phone theme (my personal preference) and both have the potential for themes.
Additionally:
Speed is affected by the user's phone as we've learned two identical phones may prefer different kernals , customized UI options are all personal preference. So I won't tell you one "feels" faster than the other.

moset

Reaction score
I've run most of them. GB is exciting and I've been flashing CM7 nightly from the start. Its almost ready for prime time but I thought I'd try RZ recovery and saw his ROM 0.4 was about to be releases (should be out tomorrow ) so I flashed 0.3 and Wow! Nothing fancy but fast cool running kernel, and crazy battery life. I think I just found my new favorite.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App