Faux low mem msgs and force closes

kaleopedeia

Reaction score
My droid is giving me lots of trouble after I downloaded the 2.1 update on my garminfone, but it could also be that I was messing around with root access apps.. Either way, my phone started giving me notifications that my memory was low, and to uninstall/cache clean, which I did several times, but the notification never went away.Meanwhile, I had almost HALF of my total app storage available, and exactly half of my internal storage available.

Then, I realized I couldn't even download new apps from the market, it would just say "downloading," the bar never even fills a little, and wouldn't show in notifications. Only once, after I rebooted, it notified me that the download was unsuccessful, but I believe that's also when my phone decided to start up in safe mode.

Oh, did I mention that also during this time, certain apps, specifically wordfeud and my Browser, would force close, not even give the option to wait, and would force close immediately as soon as I reopened it every time until I restarted?

And speaking of force closing, one last thing: now, when my phone starts up, I get a force close msg saying some gapps.something is closing, which I assume is google apps, but the only google system app I uninstalled was google voice search..

So anyway, I did a master reset, and I no longer get the faux low memory message, but all the other problems still exist.

Sorry for the book, I really appreciate any help anyone can give!!

UrquiagaL

Reaction score
Same issues

@kaleopedeia -

I don't have too many answers for you, but at least I can tell you you're not alone. I've posted on the same issue at Memory problem - T-Mobile Community. The latest recommendation was to clear the gmail cache.

I haven't had a chance to try that one ... I reset my phone to factory defaults again this week, and now I'm having issues with the market not downloading anything after I restore my system settings :-( None of the "standard" solutions are working for me ... but if I get it figured out, I'll let people know.