fastboot restore with matts utility

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Can someone tell me about doing a fastboot restore with matts utility? What does it do? And what will it effect? Someone suggested i do this because I'm having trouble with roms going into a bootloop

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Can someone tell me about doing a fastboot restore with matts utility? What does it do? And what will it effect? Someone suggested i do this because I'm having trouble with roms going into a bootloop
The restore function takes your phone back to factory stock condition. It will wipe all data, apps etc that you have on your phone so backup what ever you want to keep. You phone will be like it was when you first took it out of the box. If you're having problems after flashing ROMs and you've run out of "fixes" it is the best way I know of to get back to a clean install and fresh start.

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the very clear explanation. So this will take me back to .211 as well? And then I'll have to re root also i assume.

Other than backing up apps and contacts ect. Do i need to do anything it prep for this? And if i have safestrap installed will that cause a problem? Our will it just remove the custom recovery flawlessly?

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thanks for the very clear explanation. So this will take me back to .211 as well? And then I'll have to re root also i assume.

Other than backing up apps and contacts ect. Do i need to do anything it prep for this? And if i have safestrap installed will that cause a problem? Our will it just remove the custom recovery flawlessly?
Yes, it will take you back to stock .211 and you will have to re root after the restore...you can restore then use the utility to root. I recommend after restore that you factory reset two times...just to make sure all the "left over crap" is cleaned out of the "system". Once you've done that then use the root option. To prepare your phone for the restore I recommend you unfreeze any apps that you have frozen, replace or rename anything that you moved or deleted (other than apps that you didn't need root to delete), unroot and then do the restore. I also recommend that you uninstall safestrap and the custom recovery if you can...however, it probably doesn't make a difference because I think the restore function is going to clean all of that out anyway.

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Ok. One other question then. I installed safestrap when i rooted, but after a FDR the app went away. So how to i uninstall the custom recovery?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok. One other question then. I installed safestrap when i rooted, but after a FDR the app went away. So how to i uninstall the custom recovery?
I believe when you use the utility to restore to factory .211 it will remove the custom recovery in the process.

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
I believe when you use the utility to restore to factory .211 it will remove the custom recovery in the process.

Ok, I just fear bricking. Lol. Thanks a lot for your help