FastBoot Fail Mode...

sugarfoots

Reaction score
OK, so I have read about 1000 posts since Wednesday when my problem occurred and all I've accomplished is a headache and 2 ruined USB cables.
Here's the situation...
My Bionic's mic apparantly quit working. So I decided it was time to call VZW and have a replacement sent my way. The only problem? I had flashed ICS a month or so ago (WHICH I LOVE... COME ON VZW! GET IT OUT THERE FOR US SO THIS ISN'T AN ISSUE!) and I decided if I am sending it back I had better take it back to stock. Shouldn't be a problem, right? I have done this before. But instead of finding a nice little guide to light my path I decided I would just download the FXZ back to .902 and RSD it back to GB. Sounded reasonable, but often times the reasonable answer doesn't work.
Now my problem... I am stuck in Fastboot Flash Mode Failure, when I try to power it on and hold the Vol + & - it shows the Motorola logo and then right back to the same screen:
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.61
Battery Low
Cannot Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG OTV (CG:system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG: system, status:0X004E)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)

At first I thought I had a bad file, so I tried downloading it from some other places but kept running into either the same problem or bad links. Now my head is swimming with solutions but I have no idea where to start. There is just too much info out there.
I realize that my battery may be too low due to it not being able to charge in this state. I have tried to make a Motorola Factory Cable per instructions found all over the place (Hence the 2 ruined cables) but my soldering skills are pretty lame.
I have no friends with Bionics, so I can't get anyone to charge it for me.
I'm a poor college student so I can't just buy a $25 cable, that's like a million bucks to me.

Luckily I have my old Droid X as a backup, but I use my Bionic's hotspot as my primary internet connection, so the 3G X isn't really cutting it....

Anyways, I have gone on and on. Can someone help me? I am now lost in a sea of over information and bad download links. I don't know what to do except go to Verizon and act like I have no idea what happened, but surely they can tell what I have been up to, right???

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is assuming your on a ICS that allows you to roll back to GB -This is what i would do . Call VZW have them send you a new phone . when you get it in the mail charge the battery in that phone.. once charged take battery out of good phone put it in broke phone then you could fxz back to .902 and then take the OTA to get to .905.. you have 5 days to mail the phone back ..

Imprezive

Reaction score
Pull battery then hold both volume rocker buttons then hold power,brings you to menu select fastboot should be ready to go from there. only other problem i see if the low battery

OP
S

sugarfoots

Reaction score
This is assuming your on a ICS that allows you to roll back to GB -This is what i would do . Call VZW have them send you a new phone . when you get it in the mail charge the battery in that phone.. once charged take battery out of good phone put it in broke phone then you could fxz back to .902 and then take the OTA to get to .905.. you have 5 days to mail the phone back ..

I'm not really sure which version of ICS it was, it was one of the first leaks to come out. I do remember waiting until I read that you could go back to GB from the particular leak...
Your suggestion to charge with the replacement Bionic is BRILLIANT in its simplicity. I don't know how I didn't consider that, I was just too wrapped up in fixing it.

Sometimes all you need is someone else thinking through your problem and you were that guy for me! Thanks a million.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
glad i could help :)

OP
S

sugarfoots

Reaction score
New Bionic is on its way. I will try justin82's fix when it comes in and let you know how it goes.

In the meantime... can you point me to a working .902 that I can download?

OP
S

sugarfoots

Reaction score
Quick update:

Received my replacement Bionic this morning. After charging my battery in it I was able to successfully reflash my original Bionic and it is back in the box and being shipped to VZW as I type.

Thanks again for the help Justin82.

Just out of curiosity, and because I can't stand to wait...

Would you wait on the official ICS or go with a leak if you were me?

JohnFH

Reaction score
I'd wait for the OTA if I had gone through your recent experiences. Although no one knows when the OTA will be out, it could happen soon.