Fascinate vs Droid X

f2racer

Reaction score
The screen probably has the potential to burn when left charging overnight because of the "fully charged" popup. Supposedly, this is on by default.

But, you can set it to turn off 30 seconds after appearing by: Home Screen touch>Settings>Applications>Development> and uncheck "Stay Awake"

I received my Fascinate last week (beginning of Dec 2010) and the above option is off by default.

KazuoX

Reaction score
The screen probably has the potential to burn when left charging overnight because of the "fully charged" popup. Supposedly, this is on by default.

But, you can set it to turn off 30 seconds after appearing by: Home Screen touch>Settings>Applications>Development> and uncheck "Stay Awake"

I received my Fascinate last week (beginning of Dec 2010) and the above option is off by default.

Oh alright. I read somewhere that it was on, but perhaps there was a subtle way of switching it on that a user didn't realize. I imagine that option is the only way that a screen burn could occur.

fluidj

Reaction score

Oh alright. I read somewhere that it was on, but perhaps there was a subtle way of switching it on that a user didn't realize. I imagine that option is the only way that a screen burn could occur.

The store likely turns it on in order to put the device on display for demonstration. It's a non-issue.

IamGov

Reaction score
No screen burn here. Charging doesn't stay on like that. The demo probably has the stay awake function on. Remember it is still using liquid crystals so burn in can happen. Just very unlikely.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

IamGov

Reaction score
To debunk some things here.

The pop-up of full battery can be easily removed. Simple dial options unlocks these type of capabilities. You can also adjust Mic volume, lock screen off, and others. Search this forum for fascinate secret menu.

Yes 8mp is more, but the motor lens is junk and doesn't focus well. If you want a poster board size photo then I guess the more MP is better.

X is also subject to screen burn in.

Screen is part of OEM warranty, so in the circumstance you get burn in it is replaced.

Battery is awesome for an android phone.

Charger at top allows for use while charging, moto side charger is awkward to have connected and use phone.

tannor

Reaction score
Thanks for answering I was at the store again today...just curious was trying to figure out how to switch from swype keyboard to regular andriod one. How do you do that?

cruckus

Reaction score
Hold down the area to type and select input method. But the x also has one click root more roms to customize your phone the way you like it. My friend has th fascinate and it just seems like a cheap iphone to me. Id go with the x but that's me. Good luck with your decision.

tannor

Reaction score
Hold down the area to type and select input method. But the x also has one click root more roms to customize your phone the way you like it. My friend has th fascinate and it just seems like a cheap iphone to me. Id go with the x but that's me. Good luck with your decision.

I have considered Droid X,

the con's I do not like is the form factor, I just cannot see putting that in my pants pocket, and it seems to get very hot after using it for a while which worries me since I use the phone a lot and have it on my face.

Sometimes I can be on the phone for 30 minutes+ at a time like on the weekends at home.

I use to have a cell cannot remember which one but use to get hot too and I could not stand that.

cruckus

Reaction score
I have mine on ultra low voltage and it doesn't get too hot for me but I wear khakis so it fits in my pocket fine no skinny legs here. But seriously the fascinate is just too plasticky for me if that makes sense id rather have the metal on my x both are good phones but no froyo for samsung but I think if you buy one you get 30 days to try them if you dont like one try the other.

tannor

Reaction score
I have mine on ultra low voltage and it doesn't get too hot for me but I wear khakis so it fits in my pocket fine no skinny legs here. But seriously the fascinate is just too plasticky for me if that makes sense id rather have the metal on my x both are good phones but no froyo for samsung but I think if you buy one you get 30 days to try them if you dont like one try the other.

Yeah the only reason I am hesitating with Fascinate is will we get the infamous word everyone is saying Froyo and will they continue to update it..

Though at least we got some sort of update here but who knows how true or will it be pushed back again.

Galaxy S Vibrant

That is really the only thing holding me back.

The phone does feel a little more plasticky, but i guess they went for plastic on back to make it weigh less.

cruckus

Reaction score
I like the weight on the droid I think it reassures its durability

IamGov

Reaction score

Fascinate has one click root via z4root on market. Also one click lag fix.

Tannor- you get YouTube on fascinate and skyfire has flash. Froyo is overrated. If I had to guess I would say Samsung goes straight to gingerbread.

cruckus

Reaction score
The same thing works for many phones im just letting it known it works on the x plus my phone has no lag on the different roms plus overclocking not trying to start a debate just saying all phones with stock crap on them are laggy but froyo did fix some of the lag on my x just saying

tannor

Reaction score

Fascinate has one click root via z4root on market. Also one click lag fix.

Tannor- you get YouTube on fascinate and skyfire has flash. Froyo is overrated. If I had to guess I would say Samsung goes straight to gingerbread.

oh wait a second i can get latest version of flash without froyo? Awesome!

Haloman800

Reaction score
I played with both for a long time at Verizon. I much prefer the Droid X's big screen, look & feel over the fascinate. Haven't checked out the specs yet.

Just as the fasc is easy to de-bing, the X is even easier to de-blur.

Droid X with Launcher Pro Plus is the best smartphone experience I've had.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk