Fascinate stock 2.1 not loading

gbcobra

Reaction score
Hey everyone I was looking to get some assistance before I went to Verizon and dealt with the normal replacement phone BS process. I have a Fascinate running stock 2.1. I had an update for one of my apps which I installed. After the update I then removed Scanner Radio because I never use it. After the removal of the app I rebooted the phone. Upon the reboot and the Samsung\Verizon splash screen but the OS never loaded. I waited a few moments and tried again with the same results. I performed a battery pull 6 times and each time after the Samsung\Verizon splash screen the settings, home, back and search icons at the bottom stay lit but the screen stays black. Every once in a while my lock screen, which is the one that comes loaded, will display with the incorrect date\time, the battery icon is displayed and the signal icon is the blue circle with the line through it but the screen is not responsive. After about 15 sec the screen goes blank again.

Anyone have an idea what I could to resurrect the phone or so I have a case of the ole corrupt OS?

Thanks for any help.

tommyb38

Reaction score
Why do you call it the "normal replacement phone BS process"? I would say that people should be grateful that Verizon handles the warranty process for their customers. Perhaps it would be better and easier to deal with Samsung directly and go through their replacement process. I bet not!!!!!!! Do any of you realize that you blame Verizon for the crappy replacement phones and you really should be blaming the manufacturer? Those phone are certified like new by the original manufacturer, not Verizon. Verizon packages the phones once received from the manufacturer.

OP
G

gbcobra

Reaction score
Wow calm down tommyb38 clearly your a VZW employee so no need to get your panties in a bunch. I wasn't blaming Verizon one bit nor referencing that their phone replacement process was BS but more the whole process of setting up and configuring a new phone as a pain. Verizon has always provided me with excellent customer service and never let me down any time I have called upon them for the past 12 years. I wouldn't go with any other provider besides Verizon. Why dont you do us all a favor and if you dont have any valued input in a thread to keep it on point then keep your comments to your self and STAY OFF the thread!

For those who care to know after some work with the SDK I was able to get the kernel to fire up and its running like a champ now; almost seems a bit more responsive than before. Looks like it was related to either the Angry Birds seasons update or the removal of Scanner Radio that caused the issues.

Sincerely,

Loyal and continued VZW supporter and customer.

DROID DOES!!!!!!!!