2.2 Download to Samsung Fascinate?

Lori T

Reaction score
Hi - How can I put the 2.2 upgrade on my fascinate? I am a newbie as well, coming from the BB Storm, I've had my fascinate for`3 weeks now. When I first got it - they were pushing the 2.2 upgrade, and it wiped everything off the phone, and did not get it on the phone. After 3x I went back and Verizon replaced the phone, it happened again in the store as we loaded everything back on. For the 1.5 weeks after that, it was still running 2.1. Until last night 2.2 wasn't being pushed to my phone. But last night it was pushed again and it again wiped everything. How can I put 2.2 on my phone before i reload everything for the 50th time? Please help! Thanks!!:greendroid:

stanrc

Reaction score
2.2 isn't out for Fascinate yet, the update you are getting is just a small patch that fixes a few bugs. It is known to cause problems if you aren't completely stock when the update tries to install.

OP
L

Lori T

Reaction score
Thanks - by "completely stock" does that mean - no apps? or just no new apps?

stanrc

Reaction score
Just nothing changed in the system directory. So if you haven't rooted you should be fine. But if you have rooted and removed some of the extra bloatware then you will have issues.