Fascinate gps problem

ivierkelberry

Reaction score
I had just noticed that people complained of the fascinates gps not working or just being inaccurate. I didn't see anything showing a fix though. I had this same problem before ever rooting my phone and today it seems to be fixed.

Not saying it will fix anyones gps but I reverted back to stock using Odin. This fixed the gps... I have since went back to EB01 2.2.1, not sure on the exact Ron, but gps still works when it wouldn't even show me within 1/4 mile of where I was before.

Maybe this will help someone somewhere. As for going back stock, its simple to find searching the forums.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

*edit* You can pick up the stock odin file from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=782204&page=38
Hope it helps someones gps... It was pretty annoying not being able to use some of the gps based apps...

Last edited:

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Ec01 is the best ROM for gps

ec01 debloated
enderst special kernel
uv50 oc1.2

prenedo

Reaction score
My GPS is hit or miss. It usually cannot find my location. It was like this on eb01/ec10 and now on ec01. GPS Aids will not successfully d/l XTRA mode (only successful on the forced LTO). I read up on it a little bit and don't fully understand it (GPS Aids). I also use GPS Status to no prevail.... Could I have a corrupt GPS file or something? I figured it would have been resolved after I followed the 'just a suggestion' thread to the T. Everything else works awesome, just cannot find my location.

OP
I

ivierkelberry

Reaction score
Yeah that was the problem I was having. Sometimes it would pull me up on Google maps about a quarter mile away. But navagation or anything else with gps just could not find my location. That was until I went back to complete stock again. It works perfect. I then reloaded the rom I wanted and it still works perfect. I was thinking maybe somehow I corrupted a file to do with gps and since reloading stock, maybe it replaced or fixed it? Not really sure but all my gps apps work flawlessly every since.

OP
I

ivierkelberry

Reaction score
Strangest thing I guess is that my gps stopped before ever even rooting I do believe. I think that's why I rooted and explored other roms and stuff hoping it would work again with a more updated one or something. Which failed in every way Lol.

dktk75

Reaction score
download and install "gps status & toolbox" from the market. It helps GPS work.

prenedo

Reaction score
I have GPS Status and GPS Aids, neither work. I may try going back to stock and see if it works, but I'm pretty sure that it was messing up when I was stock also. I'm gonna try flashing the [mod] GPS fix and I'll report back with my results

fordee11

Reaction score
i'm on superclean, and lock in under ten seconds no matter what.. if its essential i would use sc

tfotos

Reaction score
i'm on superclean, and lock in under ten seconds no matter what.. if its essential i would use sc

Same here. Super Clean works like a champ for me and my gps. Anyone try EC01 Radio yet? I hear it makes the gps work even better. I'm going to install it tomorrow hopefully.

Tapatalked from my ComaVolted Fascinate running SC 2.9.2

OP
I

ivierkelberry

Reaction score
Well I've tried sc before too and it didn't work. Got a link to the exact one your using? Cause id love not to use this bloated one. I hate my ram running under 110 free all the time rather than 170+

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Might help...this is for EC01....it has the best overall GPS on the Fascinate to date...

[video=youtube;y8MkZjMZqvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8MkZjMZqvs&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - GPS issues and how to fix them + GPS Mod from calebv2 over at XDA...[/video]

Smartypants

Reaction score
My Fascinating history: I was pursuaded into buying it in October, partly on the promise of Froyo coming "very soon". GPS was very slow to lock. The partial update, which I nicknamed 2.1 Service Pack 1, fixed the lag. 21 hours ago I did the ol' "Settings/About Phone/System Updates/Check New" trick, not expecting anything. Wrong! 15 minutes later I was running stock Froyo 2.2. Nice. Was it worth the worth wait? Who knows. Anyway, today I needed navigation and it never locked on. Son of a gun. Guess I am rooting finally. Before I did that I did a search in the Forums and found this fix in the Thunderbolt area. Download "GPS Status" from Market, install it, then tools/manage A-GPS/clear data, finally download data. GPS lock is now faster then ever.