Farewell Bionic!!!

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Well its been a fun and sometimes frustrating year with this phone. I have learned so much about android its amazing. But the time came and i left Verizon for obvious reasons and went to T-Mobile and picked up a nexus 4. I still love the bionic but tmobiles new plans and no contract is amazing and 49 dollars down for the nexus was a no brainer. This phone is amazing. I will still be on here since my wife is taking my bionic over. Just wanted to thank everyone who has helped me along the way.

deduct

Reaction score
Congrats jay. That is a nice phone you have there. As you know I recently moved on to RAZR maxx. Still with Verizon but that may change this summer when my contract is up. I also still love my bionic so it has replaced my og droid as my music player at work. Long live bionic!!! And all the dedicated owners who are still enjoying it.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Congrats on the switch and upgrade! We do have a sister site dedicated to the Nexus 4 at Nexus 4 Forum
Be sure to check it out!

bbtkd

Reaction score
Like others that got the Bionic on opening day, I'm elegible May 8th. I'll probably upgrade by July, going with the Galaxy S4 or the new Moto X phone (depending on how long the delay is). Just thinking - I mostly like the Bionic so if they came out with a Bionic 2 that had a larger battery, higher resolution, higher MP camera, faster CPU, and 2GB memory - I'd be up for it. Then again, that may be the X phone. The S4 would be a bit of a compromise after having two solidly build motos, as I hear the Samsungs are not real sturdy.

OP
JayBusa102709

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! I will say the nexus 4 is an awesome phone. Smooth as silk, fast and excellent build quality and the phone itself is beautiful. This thing hums runs every game I've thrown at it and i unlocked the boot loader and rooted it in about ten minutes. The screen is beautiful also. I'm running pacman ROM oc faux123 kernel at 1.836 GHz and the adreno GPU oc to 487 MHz this thing flies im so pleased with it.

OP
JayBusa102709

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Oh its also running jb 4.2.2. I wasn't sure at first because of no SD card but there is a mod where you can Mount a flash drive so i have my cable on the way and a 64 GB thumb drive so in good to go. Yesterday with moderate use and some tweaks mainly under clocking o got 14.5 hours on a charge that is more then enough for me.

OP
JayBusa102709

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Tmobiles data is slower bit i still have bionic so i tether off that whenever in downloading a very large file like a large game or torrent other then that i get on average 8 to 10 Mbps I've seen as high as 14 so not bad

OP
JayBusa102709

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Oh one last thing if you are in the market for a new case for a new phone i purchased the seidio convert case for my nexus. This case is awesome i have a otter box on my bionic and I think the seidio is superior i love it check it out if your looking to buy a case

bbtkd

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! I will say the nexus 4 is an awesome phone. Smooth as silk, fast and excellent build quality and the phone itself is beautiful. This thing hums runs every game I've thrown at it and i unlocked the boot loader and rooted it in about ten minutes. The screen is beautiful also. I'm running pacman ROM oc faux123 kernel at 1.836 GHz and the adreno GPU oc to 487 MHz this thing flies im so pleased with it.

My son loves his too, but too bad it has no LTE and is not available on Verizon.

OP
JayBusa102709

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Your right about the lte but m happy I'm not on Verizon anymore tired of getting screwed

MightyT01

Reaction score
My Bionic serves as my bedroom HTPC. It's awesome, especially in web top mode. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD