Fanboy? For real? Fad? Droid is here to stay - We make an apperance on PCWorld.com

J

JohnDroid

The tremendous growth that DroidForums.net has seen is a true testament to the need on the Verizon network for a fully-featured and bleeding edge smart phone.

The huge marketing campaign kicked it off and now the product is filling the void. We have a large number of ex-iPhone users, ex-Blackberry users, ex-Palm users and ex-WindowsCE users.

The Android based Droid is the perfect fit for those of us looking to upgrade, have an extensible platform and the hardware to take advantage of the open Operating System.

In addition, the rest of the world is already taking note. We've made our first "large" media appearance with an article on PCWorld.com (seen here: Birth of the Droid Fanboy - PC World - Thanks Fegarem for the tip)

We hope this is just a sign of the things to come... more media, more fans and more discussions. As Bogart once said... "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

sleepy

Reaction score
I actually found this forum through that article from PCWorld. Planning to pick up my Droid after work. Had a tough time making decision between this and the iPhone as my Sony Ericsson just died.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
I actually found this forum through that article from PCWorld. Planning to pick up my Droid after work. Had a tough time making decision between this and the iPhone as my Sony Ericsson just died.

I may be biased :greendroid:, but I think you made the right choice. :)

jakens84

Reaction score

Welcome to the Dark Droid side.

ryanm

Reaction score
Welcome and that's awesome. Had to make a first post on my Droid; I only had to hit backspace twice.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
You are welcome to join us anytime you please. But since you already have, you knew what you had to do and just did it.

Welcome and enjoy!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

DBH

Reaction score
Transferred numbers from several phones to Droids today, all phones transferred well, my Samsung Omnia did not cooperate. The file it created to put on SDCard was missing something. Put contacts from Omnia to non-smart phone, then from non-smart phone to Droid -- worked. Just figures, successful with everyones but my own. Perserverance prevailed!!!!!!!! Thank you VERIZON, it's about time.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Dang nothing like coming out of the gate running full speed : ) congrats gents.

benhebert

Reaction score
ON PC WORLD that's legit. I think I'll have to feature this on my blog sometime this week

souljerr

Reaction score
I knew this was the place to be. The rest of the world is just now catching up. Great job guys. Get ready for the big jump in membership numbers!