Failed Razr troubleshooting

pr1nc3ssn00b

Reaction score
I'm attempting to troubleshoot my Droid Razr and I keep failing.*

I bought the Razr off of someone. They gave it to me rooted. I was able to unroot it so that I can upgrade it to ICS.*After the unroot and upgrade, I started to notice that my phone randomly shuts down. It started once a week. Now it shuts off 10 or 15 times a day. Sometimes it will restart. Other times it won't turn on unless I plug it into my computer. Once plugged in, I notice a solid white light notification. My phone can shut off and remain that way until it randomly turns back on.

What I've tried:

*resetting phone multiple times
*volume down and power buttons pressed simultaneously
*volume up and power button pressed simultaneously
**note** phone won't allow me to "soft reset" the battery either**
*booting into safemode/nothing wrong
*booting into safemode after a factory reset/nothing wrong
*pulled the battery by opening the phone
*reflashed ICS using RSD lite*
*accessed recovery, wiped cache and factory reset phone...

STILL THE SAME PROBLEM*Should I purchase a new battery? I do NOT want to waste money on a new battery, but if I had to, I will install a Razr Maxx battery and cover.*Or maybe the mobo?*Software issue STILL?*Any help would be greatly appreciated!

*I don't want to purchase another phone. I gave the Razr to my father after upgrading to a galaxy s3. He doesn't want to upgrade his plan/purchase a new phone...

Last edited:
OP
P

pr1nc3ssn00b

Reaction score
I've noticed that the Razr has been "shut off/black screen" for about an hour now. The phone is warm as if it is on. However, it won't turn on.