Factory Reset

russcart

Reaction score
What exactly will a factory reset delete on my phone? Will the downloaded apps be deleted? Even the ones that I had to pay for? All of the apps have been moved to the SD card if that option was available. How about contact information and pictures, those too are on the SD card so shouldn't be effected, correct? I updated to GB and have noticed some changes to the phone and want to see if it was the update that caused them.
Thanks in advance.

Blown03

Reaction score
everything will be gone, just went through it last night w/ CC due to not being able to do MMS. Paid apps will let you re-download for free. Won't delete whatever you have saved on SD card

TVJ

Reaction score
Won't delete whatever you have saved on SD card
True, but you will not be able to re-install most of them from the card, even though they are "there."
There is an app on the Market called AppBrain App Market (free) that will back up all your apps and let you re-install them without having to download everything again.

nikecar

Reaction score
everything will be gone, just went through it last night w/ CC due to not being able to do MMS. Paid apps will let you re-download for free. Won't delete whatever you have saved on SD card
nothing on my SD was deleted.

OP
R

russcart

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have all my contacts with gmail and not using the HTC sync software. I also have contacts backed up with Verizon Backup Assistant, so I should be ok with that part. I'll look into the free app as noted.
Thanks

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
All my apps re-downloaded from the market automatically after I did a factory reset.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
All my apps re-downloaded from the market automatically after I did a factory reset.
^^ What he said usually happens if you have it set.. so yea.. use backup.. set it to redownload apps should they be missing after a factory reset.