Factory reset...

Atom702

Reaction score
Just factory reset my Unrooted, stock droid x using mybackup, plus a few other apps (game and data savers), gingerbread runs smoother, no more lag in the keyboard...etc. All minor gingerbread glitches were fixed. Highly recommend this procedure to anyone having trouble with gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

PARick

Reaction score
Just factory reset my Unrooted, stock droid x using mybackup, plus a few other apps (game and data savers), gingerbread runs smoother, no more lag in the keyboard...etc. All minor gingerbread glitches were fixed. Highly recommend this procedure to anyone having trouble with gingerbread.

Great idea! Wish I had thought of doing that!
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/155075-solution-gingerbread-issues.html

:)

OP
Atom702

Atom702

Reaction score
The applications I used backed up almost all of my data and settings, even home panel assignments. The whole process only took a few hours, as opposed to the month it took to set up originally.

Bruiser616

Reaction score
I have an issue where I can't hear sounds through the phone with phone calls and apps. I can hear them with Bluetooth and calls with the speakerphone function.

Will a factory reset fix my problem?

What will I lose from the phone?

PARick

Reaction score
I have an issue where I can't hear sounds through the phone with phone calls and apps. I can hear them with Bluetooth and calls with the speakerphone function.

Will a factory reset fix my problem?

What will I lose from the phone?

I would try it. The phone will be just like it was out of the box. Paid apps will reinstall. or show under your apps. You will just have to set it all up again.

OP
Atom702

Atom702

Reaction score
It may fix your problem, I wasn't experiencing that particular issue. As far as data loss, using my backup (app), and one for angry birds backup, I didn't lose anything, it even restored my settings, (mostly), and all my progress in games, as well as home panel orginization.

thinman72069

Reaction score
Wow. You guys make it seem so casual.

If I ever have to set up my home screens again, re-enter all my id/passwords again or download/set up all my apps just one more stinkin time I'll get a stupid little flip phone and live in bliss...

PARick

Reaction score
Wow. You guys make it seem so casual.

If I ever have to set up my home screens again, re-enter all my id/passwords again or download/set up all my apps just one more stinkin time I'll get a stupid little flip phone and live in bliss...

LOL, then you are definately not a candidate to root.:) Heck, I can remember doing 6-7 resets a week until I found the right ROM that played nice with my phone. But, i get your reluctance.

OP
Atom702

Atom702

Reaction score
If you use the right apps (mybackup worked for me), you will have minimal setup to do