Factory Reset Question

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
A somewhat bonehead question that I should know. But I haven't used my quota of bonehead questions today so I'll ask.

When one does a factory reset I'm aware that the SD card should be unaffected with the exception, apparently, of saved text messages. But is there anything else about one's phone that could disappear with a factory reset?

() custom roms?

() apps downloaded from sources other than the market? (Do they have to be reinstalled?)

etc...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A somewhat bonehead question that I should know. But I haven't used my quota of bonehead questions today so I'll ask.

When one does a factory reset I'm aware that the SD card should be unaffected with the exception, apparently, of saved text messages. But is there anything else about one's phone that could disappear with a factory reset?

() custom roms?

() apps downloaded from sources other than the market? (Do they have to be reinstalled?)

etc...

I'll do my bonehead response. I know that my apps were all there afterwards, I forgot however if I had to reinstall them from downloads. I don't think so.

But that was doing a factory reset from the privacy section. If you do a "hard" factory reset I know you will lose your apps and you will have to do a reinstall of all of them. Your paid apps stay in your download section.

Custom ROM's. I don't have an answer for that.